Complaint Review: KMART.com SEARS Holdings

• Submitted: Wed, January 20, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Chrissie Walker — Willow Springs North Carolina United States of America
KMART.com SEARS Holdings

KMART.com SEARS Holdings Kmart, Sears Holdings Never received merchandise and CANNOT get my money back after calling 6 times. Internet

I ordered a Baby Belle doll on December 12th, 2009 from Kmart.com for my daughter's Christmas Gift. It is all she wanted and asked for since before Thanksgiving. When I ordered it, it was scheduled to arrive on December 23rd, 2009. I was so excited and impressed that Kmart.com not only had my merchandise but would have it there before Christmas.

December 23rd came and went and so did Christmas. My daughter broke out into tears because Baby Belle was not there. All of the other cheap filler presents were not what she wanted and keep in mind she is only 3. Christmas time to a child is magical. The anticipation, Seeing Santa, presents under the tree, etc. I can see why she was upset.

I called Kmart twice by this time. Where is the merchandise I ordered? I want a refund etc. Finally on my 4th call, I was assured I would get a refund. But, it would take 7-10 business days...Why? You already screwed me, why do I have to wait I wondered. That was on December 27th.

On January 7th, 2010, I got $7.49 put into my account. The total deducted from my account was $35.49 when I purchased the merchandise. I gave it a week or so thinking that the remaining balance would go in. Maybe they have to do paperwork etc.

On January 20th, 2010, I called again. I asked to speak to a supervisor but he did not do anything different than the customer service rep did last time. Really, a supervisor?? I hope he does not get paid more to do the same crappy job. But not suprising for this terrible company.

He assured me he sent an urgent email over himself so I should definitely get my refund this time. He said last time there was technical difficulties and my email never got to the right department. Then why did I get $7.49 put into my account?

I was told again to wait...This time 7-10 business days. So, if this money does go into my account (which I will not hold my breath over) It will be the beginning of February 2010 for a purchase done on December 12th, 2009.

This is the worst customer service I have ever received. We own a business and would never put a loyal paying customer thru this. Our family, friends, acquaintances, message boards, etc. have all heard about this and cannot believe it. I have cut up my Sears card and will never shop there again either.

This may seem like a small amount to be complaining about, but it is the principle of the matter. This business in my opinion should be shut down. Since sharing my story, I have many similar complaints with Kmart in general. All I know, is they have lost alot of customers from this 1 transaction. I am so thankful for Walmart and Target who have amazing customer service. Kmart does not stand a chance. I have ordered from those 2 stores online so many times and never have had 1 problem. In fact, my stuff arrives earlier than expected.

I really hope someone (even 1 person) from Kmart/Sears Holding has some business sense to fix this problem because I know I am not alone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KMARTcom-SEARS-Holdings/internet/KMARTcom-SEARS-Holdings-Kmart-Sears-Holdings-Never-received-merchandise-and-CANNOT-get-m-557191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KMART.com SEARS Holdings