calculated

• Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: Anon — Houston Texas United States of America
KRD Entertainment
3920 FM 1960 West Houston, Texas United States of America

KRD Entertainment They make it seem like they are legitmiate, but they are connected to many scam companies. Houston, Texas

*General Comment: RE: I loved working for KRD!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: interview

*UPDATE Employee: I loved working for KRD!

KRD Entertainment in Houston is advertising all over the web, I came across them on Craigslist. At first glance, they seemed legit. I sent in my resume and got a call back to set up an interview extremely quickly.

Then, however, I did some Google searching. I found it odd that they claimed to have such a wide variety of important clients such as Houston's major sports teams, however they are not mentioned anywhere on the web except in recent postings on job search sites.

I then researched the man who was supposed to interview me, Joel Prender. His name connected me to a blog on a website for Impact Events, Inc. in Dallas. Posted Dec 7, 2011 it talks about a regional meeting: "Our very own Rachel O'Hara spoke as well as Amber Brown and one of the managers from our Houston office, Joel Prender".

I knew for a fact the two websites were connected because on the right side of each home page, a "Quote of the Day" box said the exact same quote by Henry David Thoreau. [continued below]....
.....

I then researched Impact Events, and low and behold, they have already been associated with scamming employees, as has Rachel O'Hara with a company she ran called Elite Promotions Group.

KRD is new enough that no one has complained yet, so I am going to make sure the internet knows this is a scam. Luckily, all they took from me was a few hours of excitement over having landed an interview.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KRD-Entertainment/Houston-Texas-77068/KRD-Entertainment-They-make-it-seem-like-they-are-legitmiate-but-they-are-connected-to-m-860277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KRD Entertainment

#1 General Comment

RE: I loved working for KRD!

AUTHOR: Busted! - ()

Its funny how every time I look at all these jobs that are scams an "employee", "ex-employee" or a "customer" always writes a review defending the company and INSULTING the person who called out the company and showing how the company that got called out is a great one.

Its not cool how these companies prey on desperate people that need a job. But then again, I don't feel sorry for the people that fall in the job without even having the credentials to work for the actual entertainment industry. You can send a resume saying you flipped burgers and cleaned restrooms and I PROMISE YOU, you will get a call back saying you are the PERFECT candidate and you are just what they are looking for. But any way, here are some ways to know this company its a total sham:

The website:
The website is a dead give away. Who ever designed the website just grabbed a gun, and shot themselves in the foot.
 It looks like it was design by a kid in middle school. "Powered by WordPress." At Wordpress any schmuck can design a website there, Wordpress and tumblr are pretty much the same thing.

THIS A BIG ONE!
Spelling errors!
Examples

• "For the last 2 years" You never use a number in a sentence unless the number has more than three digits.

•  "KRD is kicking off this golf season with three of the best golf course's in houston"  Seriously? You're this "BIG" entertainment company and you can't capitalize the city where you are stationed at? Get out of here!

• "So this year not only are we working with some of Houston's top sports teams. We are kicking off this new year by adding North Houston's #1 Tasting room and restaurant." GenuWine" to the team."  Dude, you were supposed to put a comma instead of a period and starting a sentence with so?

•  There are many, MANY other grammatical errors but I am too lazy to point them all out. If you don't believe me, go check them out for yourself at KRD's website.
Still in the website, I want you to take a quick look at the photo of the employees. BANG! There you have it, There is a picture of two girls that are holding the coupons. That's what you will be selling from door to door, business to business (yes, even the businesses that say "no soliciting.") when ever you get hired by this company. Remember, this is a strictly commission based job. When ever a job can't be specific about the pay, it is a scam! This company never tells you the pay over the phone. They tell you is hourly, but once you are there they give you another story that sounds "much better."
KRD doesn't tell you how or what exactly you will be selling. That is another give away that they are a scam!
KRD has pictures of people playing what appears to be an Air soft Match.
A bad job is a job that concentrates more in showing how fun they are rather than telling you what are the services they provide.

Remember! You have to sell yourself at an interview. The job never has to sell themselves to you!

RE: I loved working for KRD!
Dear Jenny Lang,

You are hurting, not helping. Why, you ask? Because there is always someone backing up scam companies like this. Take for example: Impact Events Inc. When you look up this company from Dallas in the ripoffreport website, You will have a HUGE testimony about a person who worked for this same company under a different name and based in Dallas, TX. It calls out the company and tells you what they REALLY do. On the bottom of the page you get a comment of a "customer of this coupons." The comment is defending the company and stating that the person complaining about the company was just "Lazy" and a "Bad salesman."
Guess when the comment was posted? Sept 21st 2012 and guess by who? by a lady called Jenny!

When did you post a comment here STATING that you WORKED for KRD? Oh my god kids! You guessed it! Sept 21st 2012

If anything, Jenny, You are someone that works INSIDE these scam companies and you're job is to maintain a good reputation for these companies by writing good "employee & costumer reviews." Am I right? Or am I right?

Well any way kids. That was my way of showing you all that this company is IN FACT a scam.

Now, if you are still dumb enough to fall for the job. Than I don't know what to tell you.

I hoped my comment here helped you guys! :)

Make sure to call abc 13 to do an undercover investigation on these guys ... that is ... if there is not already an "employee" with a hidden camera working for this company! :o

;)

-Your Worst Nightmare, KRD

Better change your name and location soon!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

interview

AUTHOR: jd5299 - (United States of America)

i have a interview at this place and they said i was going to be interviewed by that guy joel. should i go? i wanted to do some research on this job and came across this. should i even make the attempt to go or is it all a scam and for what?

I loved working for KRD!

AUTHOR: Jenny Lang - (United States of America)

I work at KRD Entertainment for 6 months. I read this report and laughed. This guy never even interviewed at the company. If he had really done his home work. He would have found that KRD was suing that company in Dallas for stealing their web site and they won. That company in Dallas doesn't even exists any more. While I was there I learned a lot about direct marketing.

I got to be the face of companies like the Houston Rockets, the Studio Movie Grill, some great spas and restaurants, even a great family fun center called Mountasia aka "Malibu, Boomers, Speedzone" they are all across the USA. The only reason I left was because me husband is in the Army and was transferred out of state. My advancement was very quick. And the people were Professional and friendly. I hate it when people post stuff about people they have never even meet! And as I'm sure you all have noticed nobody that has really worked there has had one complaint.