Complaint Review: KROGER

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:east point Georgia
KROGER
6050 Peachtree Hwy Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

KROGER RIP OFF KROGER IN NORCROSS 6050 PEACHTREE... WONT GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!! Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Actually...

*Consumer Comment: Happens all the time

On 2/11/2009 I attempted to purchase 111.95 in grocerys at the kroger on peachtree PKY in Norcross Georgia. My debit card was declined and I had to go to the ATM machine to get cash out, only to find out that my card was debited the money. I spoke with the manager, he says they never recieved the money and referred me to my bank. My bank says Kroger collected the money!!! They gave me an approval code, (which ANY merchant can pull a transaction up with) ( I know because I have a merchant account). Kroger refuses to give me my money back instead I was referred to "heather" in Utah, 801-974-1335.

she would not even take the approval code, she flat out said there was nothing she could do to help me and hung up on me. Its now going on 2 weeks and not word from anyone and it seems like my money is gone.

Jason
east point, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KROGER/Norcross-Georgia-30071/KROGER-RIP-OFF-KROGER-IN-NORCROSS-6050-PEACHTREE-WONT-GIVE-ME-MY-MONEY-Norcross-Ge-426317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KROGER

Actually...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

it depends on who declined the transaction. If your bank declined it then the money would still be in your account. If the store declined it, then there would be a hold that would expired and the money flow back to your available balance. But since you are saying your bank says the money was sent to Kroger, I would urge you to contact your bank and file a dispute on this transaction.

Happens all the time

AUTHOR: Vimot - (U.S.A.)

What happened is a hold was placed on your account for the amount of purchase by the BANK. The BANK knows what this is and can reverse it. Its a "pending transaction". The merchant does not have your money. If the card was declined, then it stands to reason that your bank knows this is not an actual transaction. I know it's a hassle, but its not the merchant's fault.