Complaint Review: KS Glamor

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Pix — Toronto Ontario United States of America
KS Glamor
toronto, Ontario United States of America

KS Glamor Kareem S Ks Glamor designer scamming deposit money from models toronto, Ontario

Kareem from kS Glamor has been posting ads on kijiji looking for models for his line of couture designs. He was very nice and professional on the phone and vaguely discussed ideas for paid photoshoot opportunities and a fashion show in January.

He later called and gave a story about models not showing up for shoots and therefore costing him money.  Although he never mentioned it before, he now insisted that he would need a deposit from me to show my commitment.  He said the money must be sent to him through Western Union.  I was not familiar with this type of transfer and asked if I could transfer to it to his bank  account or through an email transfer instead.   He refused any other type of transfer, making me very suspicious as Western Union transfers should only be done with someone you know and trust. It would be easy for him to take the deposit and never get back to me.

When I asked for more information before making the deposit, he told me the fashion show would be Friday Jan. 15 or Saturday Jan 16 (2013) at a high class venue.  I assume if he actually was having the show he would have already booked the venue and would know exactly which day the show was on.  In addition,  Jan 15th is a Tuesday, Jan 16th a Wednesday.

After all this I decided to thank him for his time but informed him I would not be sending the deposit as I am not familiar with the type transfer, do not have any info on his company or on the fashion shows.

I definitely made the right choice as he responded by swearing at me and telling me "not to waste his F****** time!"

Although he may seem very nice on the phone, MODELS STAY AWAY FROM HIM!

Similar story where after casting he mentions a deposit is needed becuase of models bailing here:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KS-Glamor/toronto-Ontario-/KS-Glamor-Kareem-S-Ks-Glamor-designer-scamming-deposit-money-from-models-toronto-Ontario-983581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KS Glamor