Complaint Review: KTS Kelle's transport Service

• Submitted: Tue, February 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: tj — Oregon United States of America
KTS Kelle's transport Service
5305 West 2400 South Salt Lake City, UT 84120 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

*UPDATE Employee: One mans meat....

*UPDATE Employee: KTS is manipulative with a terrible dot score.

*Author of original report: Rebuttal to first statement...

*UPDATE Employee: rebuttal to discruntle ex-employee report

I'm going to be short and brief...They charge you $200 if you leave before 6 months. They charge you $40 for cleaning your truck but never clean it, mine was gross and smelt like a stale ashtray. They charge you for damage that they say is there but will not provide proof even after pictures were requested...Time off and home on itme, FORGET IT! IT WILL NOT HAPPEN! There dispatchers tell you to accept loads that are overweight even after you tell them you cant haul because it would put you over gross...I had a great dispatcher after I was hired and he always went to bat for me...but then he was gone and then the fun started! Listen to me when I say, look before you LEAP! KTS is like every other trucking company, tell YOU what you wanna hear but turn around and do just the opposite. Dieing family member, doesnt matter to them...Your honest with them, doesn't matter to them...It's just business they say, whatever, is all about $$$ I guess you can say they have fallen into the category of WHITE UPTIGHT TOFU FARTING FAIRIES...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KTS-Kelles-transport-Service/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84120/KTS-Kelles-transport-Service-STAY-CLEAR-IF-YOU-DONT-WANT-TO-LOSE-THEY-JUST-DONT-CA-839096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KTS Kelle's transport Service

One mans meat....

AUTHOR: Keith - (USA)

Firstly it is not my intention to jump on any band wagons but because this report comes up at the top of google for the search term "Kelle's Transport Service" I feel that a more complete picture be presented.

I can't speak to the allegations presented as some of them i would only know if I separated from the company, hence, I can't speak to those.

Kelle's is a small trucking company currently running about 300 trucks, this is important to mention when it comes time to talk about home time, because its not a mega company they dont have yards in every state and as a driver we know this going in, you can't have it both ways. Therefore, sometimes when a driver's home is not close to a KTS drop yard where the equipment can be secured, its a challege sometimes to balance the need of the company to have valuable company equipment in a secured location and the need for the driver to get home. I don't know every driver here but I know a far few from the far flung areas of the United States and not one has complained of not getting to go home. Myself, I live about a hours drive from the nearest KTS drop yard so not much of a problem for me. I have been working for KTS as a solo driver for 3 months and have NEVER gotten a "DENIED" response when I requested home time 14 days in advance. In fact my driver manager will get me a load going close to my house if I dont need home time I just need to stop by and pickup something.

The driver bond is a sore spot with me and i should probably not comment outside of the fact that KTS dose take $25 of your weekly settlement to a total of 850 as a bond against damage to the interior and exterior of the truck. Like Forrest Gump "Thats all I have to say about that"

In closing I would like to mention that the support staff at KTS has been very supportive of me, I'm a new driver, I dont have coffee with the owner, but the company bent over backwards to help me when I was going through my divorce up to allowing my 6 year daughter to roll with me for 20 days! (company policy is 8 years old). They have helped me far far more than they have hurt me (a couple of "stupid checks") but over all I have been treated more than fair.

I seems most of this drivers complaints happened at separation which can be contentious at best.

KTS is manipulative with a terrible dot score.

AUTHOR: RoadKillSkunk - ()

As you can see from Tiffany's reply they sure do like to spread people's business for a small company. She also has herself stated as a "consumer" when in fact she is an office worker there. At Kelles Transport Service your more then just a number, your someone to gossip and talk about. You will get phone calls from them during your 10 hour breaks for favors. They will even lie to you about getting you home and once you on there truck they will say they cant get you home in that area. I worked for them for 2 years and got home 0 times. They will also edit your logs incase your 14 hours was more of sitting at there customers instead of driving. They will want great detail on why the companies loading and unloading your trucks are taking so long and then deny detention pay cause that company is allowed to take up to "blank" hours or days to get you in and out. They are also 97% live load and unload. They will do there best on sticking you with repairs and such for there company trucks, and take it from your check and they can never show you the reciept. When you return your truck they will give you a paper to sign with all damages done in my case was 0 and stated on the paper, only needing a mandatory cleaning for 40$ which will be taken out from your 850$ driver bond you payed while working for them and then they will give you roughly a 100$ back and say they needed to buy new tires or whatever and it was your fault.

As Tiffany has stated I would suggest talking with there other drivers who been there for awhile and see what they tell you before considering joining a company like this. Also do yourself a favor and pull up there DOT score, this company is notorious for violations, see for yourself. For 34 cent a mile and 97% live loads/unloads and a terrible DOT score that causes hassles for the driver, this alone should be enough to persuade someone to actually join a company who plays buy the book. Always pull up a companies score.

Rebuttal to first statement...

AUTHOR: tj - (United States of America)

I would be incorrect to not say that during the writing of this complaint....I failed to mention that all the issues I had with the comapny were mainly due to the dispatcher assigned to me after my first dispatcher i had either moved on or whatever the case was but he would not recognize home time, he would ignore request and it came to the point you had to go over his head. I soon found out he is no longer with the company which is why I looked into coming back but found another company. They did overcharge me for cleaning because it wasnt clean when I got the truck and it was pretty much spotless. Other than that I have nothing more to say...

rebuttal to discruntle ex-employee report

AUTHOR: Tiffany - (United States of America)

This report was made by an ex-employee and is full of discrepancies. The individual that made this report was treated very fairly, He informed us he had an ill family member and we got him home not once but twice as he requested. Once notified our team went right to work to find a way to get him there, which is not an easy task in the Trucking Industry.

If you ask a kts driver they will tell you that KTS goes above and beyond for our drivers we have excellent home time, benefits, equipment, freight, miles and bonuses Our staff is all dedicated experienced professionals that have been in the trucking industry for many years.  As for Charges he did a seating inspection on the truck that he conducted he listed any pre-existing damages on the truck. He also conducted an exit inspection listing any new damages on the truck when he turned it in. All the damage done was preventable damage done by the driver
listed by the driver. The driver signs both the seating and exit inspections holding him accountable for the damages he did to the truck. KTS has the best equipment out on the road all late model trucks with all the latest technology and upgrades like APU'S,  Fridges, and QUALCOMM to make our drivers more comfortable.

The Orientation fee ($200.00) is an agreement made between KTS and All new drivers during orientation  the fee is to help recoup some of the cost of hiring the driver IF they leave employment within the 1st six months. KTS did all they could to help this driver we even gave him an advance when he needed money our company policy does not allow advances! We made an exception for this driver so he would have money to eat on until his 1st
paycheck. My question for this driver would be if we were so bad why did you try to rehire with our company when you got your family issue handled? At that time all of our trucks were full and we could not get him going right away so he took another job. KTS is the BEST Trucking Company to work for our drivers are treated like a vital part of our team like family NOT a number! KTS gets to know our drivers that is one reason we have assigned dispatchers so they can build a strong working relationship with the drivers if the driver succeeds so
does KTS! We also offer a variety of regional and dedicated runs to help accommodate drivers that are looking for work other than cross country. In closing KTS is an exceptional  DRIVER orientated Company to work for!!! ONE drivers miss-leading opion is just that miss-leading, Talk to any of the other 148 current KTS Drivers an you will hear a different story completely!