symbols

• Submitted: Sun, January 20, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Jean — Germiston Nationwide South Africa
Kabam

Kabam went against their own terms of service and banned me, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Kabam's Purpose

Kabam banned me for using a mouse recorder which records the movements of your mouse ob the screen in their game: Edgeworld. Kabam says in their terms of service that its against the rules to use 3rd party software that exploits or cheats in the game. And this was exactly the reason they gave me for the banning. But there is more to it than that please read:

Exploit is to use scripts such as the popular grease monkey or take advantages of their MANY bugs and glitches. Cheat is to do like alot of players and actually hack the game giving them an unfair advantage.

Mouse recorder does NOT fall under any of these categories and is a completely external NON-script. Also they say that the detected it but yet it's impossible that they knew because it's an offline program so it's like them picking up that I'm using iTunes.

They say I cheated and exploited the game which I did not. I am a software developer and read their terms of service thoroughly which it seems they never bothered to do. Feeling like something shady is happening I went to that sector which I was banned from with another account and found that they ONLY banned me for using the mouse recorder.

I am NOT the only one that was using mouse recorder and was definitely not the one that benefited the most from it, yet no-one else was banned.

The night of the banning I stood up for a friend of mine that was falsely banned and told kabam in the forum post that they should do their jobs properly and that same night I get banned for a BS reason...coincidence?(I don't think so)
I have emailed kabam a few times now and they replied saying that from now on they will just ignore any tickets i send their way.

My question is, what can I do since they ignore all my tickets? It took me a year to reach lvl 25 000 and I spent over $100 there and since I didn't cheat they are in fact now stealing from me. Any1 out there that can help me either get the account unbanned or get my money back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 02:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kabam/internet/Kabam-went-against-their-own-terms-of-service-and-banned-me-Internet-1000011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kabam

Kabam's Purpose

AUTHOR: dave91 - (United States of America)

That would be expected of Kabam, as their whole purpose is seemingly to make more money. They really don't give anything about their customers, and they could care less whether a customer likes something or not.

I often hear of people getting banned from the forums because they made a post about what they thought about the game, or they asked other people about a situation they went through to see if that happened to them. Their post also gets locked as well. I would say just stay away from Kabam. Unfortunately, you will never know if they are going to buy a certain game, but when they do, it's sadly time to quit. There's another guy who talks about it, linked below.

This guy really explained it well, very good, detailed, information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uBM53vFiTA

If you dont want to watch the whole thing (you really, really should), he gets to the point right around 1:31 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6uBM53vFiTA#t=91s