- Report: #830983
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Kami Shade
Kami ShadeKami Shade' Inc. Corporate Offices 3771 Los Feliz Los Angeles, California United States of America
Kami Shade Deceptive Shipping Practices, tacky customer service, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY Los Angeles, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Oh the circus that is Kami Shade. They do have deplorable customer service, and you need to know that this business does not value its customers and it does not give complete information on its website about how long it will honestly take to receive your garment. When you try to contact them for an update you will be ignored.
If you are ordering a garment from them for a special event, give yourself a very long time in advance to get your order. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE IT ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE TIMELINE. That is a LIE.
Here are some things you can count on happening when you order from Kami Shade:
1. Be aware that the dresses are MADE TO ORDER, yet on the website they will lie and tell you that you will place an order, pay your shipping fee and have your dress arrive in a timely manner. This is NOT true. You're dress will arrive in at least 10 days when you pay for 3-4 day shipping time. (From the research I have done, I have discovered that I am one of the lucky ones to have my dress arrive so fast.)
2. When you try to contact them during business hours via telephone you will be directed to contact them through the very cryptic and very cheaply done website. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS. If you are lucky. They will then lie and claim that you tried to contact them when they were not in the office. Like you are a moron.
3. When you do finally receive a response prepare to be lied to about when your order will arrive, you will instantly regret your purchase as you will also realize that you are being emailed from an @yahoo or @gmail address. What reputable business uses @yahoo or @gmail addresses?
4. When you complain that your order is NOT arriving in the time frame that you paid extra money for in shipping (5 days). You will be met with a wall of lies to try to make it appear as if YOU the customer are overreacting. You will also be LIED to when you are finally responded to from the company. (I was told my already late order that I had paid extra in shipping for would arrive on a Monday, I was given a USPS tracking number to satiate me. I'm not an idiot, had they sent the order via FedEx at least on Saturday, I would have been satiated... because as someone who deals quite frequently with shipping via USPS, on a Saturday, you can merely create a label to ship a package and drop it at the post office. IT isn't leaving the USPS facility until Monday. So how in the heck was my package going to arrive in one day being shipped via PRIORITY MAIL (which takes 3-4 business days, so If I was lucky, the earliest my order would arrive would be on Wednesday).. Uh yeah.. thanks for the lie Kami Shade.
Shame on you.
5. When your cheaply made dress does finally arrive, (and believe me, it will be very poorly and haphazardly made and stuffed into a priority mail envelope.. jesus, they didn't even have the class to at least use a box and wrap the dress in tissue paper... COME ON!!!!) Anyhow, your late dress will finally arrive, but at this point you will be so tired from trying to find another dress to replace it to the event you are attending, and because you did not get to cancel the order as they ignored you (and sent more than 11 emails and left 3 voice messages on the tacky answering machine). You will throw your hands up in defeat and tuck the disgustingly poorly made dress deep inside the back of your closet where you never have to see it.
And yes, the dress was poorly constructed. One of my first term fashion students could have done a better job.
Kami Shade without a doubt has the WORST customer service of any online business I have ever utilized. I took a chance and wanted to purchase one of the dresses for an event for someone I assist who has a lucrative career as a plus size model(size 14). She was excited to wear the dress and is all for supporting designers that make dresses for plus size women. Needless to say we were both so disgusted by the experience with Kami Shade, we will never visit the website again, and have shared our negative experience with many in our fashion circle.
I have purchased from Ebay sellers who have much better business sense and a greater understanding of repeat customers as well as the basics of customer service. This business could not care less if you order from them again. Which is so very sad, because we are also very huge on supporting women in business. However, this experience was disgustingly terrible.
Basically, once you place your order, your money is theirs. As you see from the other complaint on this website you either go through hell trying to return the garment, or just have to suck it up and decide never to order from them again.
Most of the dresses average around $100, which is very cheap... and you know what they say.. Cheap is Cheap. You get what you pay for.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 01:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kami-Shade/Los-Angeles-California-/Kami-Shade-Deceptive-Shipping-Practices-tacky-customer-service-DO-NOT-WASTE-YOUR-MONEY-830983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.