Complaint Review: Kane's Furniture

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2009

• Reported By:lake mary Florida
Kane's Furniture
360 Sr 436 Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Kane's Furniture SELL YOU WARRANTIES THEY DON'T HONOR Casselberry Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Warranty

I purchased my sectional in Feb of 2006.. i paid $200 extra for the "so called" "lifetime scothguard protection"... i have NEVER been able to get anything cleaned i called a couple of times and each time the company that provides this "so called" service would ask what kind of stain it was.. and EACH time they would say "we don't cover THAT".... I am currently building a new home, so i had considered buying some other items from them and i went in the store looking and just happend to ask if my sofa springs were warrantied... i was told by a salesperson there that they were, for 5 years, but they don't have the companies phone number and i would have to google it..... i did that and found it difficult to locate them, so i filed a complaint on their (kane's) website and a manager called me the next day, but she also said they don't have any phone numbers and i told her i couldn't find them, so she CLAIMED she would find the number and call me back.. .I never heard back from her... Atchley's HERE I COME!! for a bedroom set, dining room set, patio furniture, frames.. whatever i need, but I will NEVER use Kane's nor will ANYONE i know!!!

Vanessa
lake mary, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kanes-Furniture/Casselberry-Florida-32746/Kanes-Furniture-SELL-YOU-WARRANTIES-THEY-DONT-HONOR-Casselberry-Florida-315364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kane's Furniture

Warranty

AUTHOR: Tarfay - (U.S.A.)

Masterguard is the name of the company.
1- they don't cover pet stains
2- They have a 1-800 number
3- There have been customers who have had stains on their sofas or dining chairs and have received all new sets through masterguards warranty.
4- "Lifetime" in Florida is 7 years.
5- doesn't cover oil-based stains
All the customers who have used them ,that I know of, have nothing but great things to say including that it is a smooth transaction and that they received the money quickly. I don't think the whole story was told here I see it every day and we have rarely a problem at my store. Good luck with Ashley!! Seems like you would be a better fit with that store!!