Complaint Review: Kangaroo Express

• Reported By: Olafssh — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Kangaroo Express
873 Long Branch Rd. Dunn, North Carolina United States of America

Kangaroo Express Give wrong change and shun customer Dunn, North Carolina

On Monday, April 9th, I stopped at this Kangaroo Express store to buy a drink and two packages of crackers. I handed the cashier a twenty dollar bill and he gave me two dollars and some change back. I told him that I had given him twenty dollars and he immediately called who I assume was a manager. She came over and after ringing up the register, counted the bills in the drawer. She told me that the receipt showed the cash register was short and therefore I couldn't have paid with a twenty dollar bill. I responded that I didn't care what the cash register showed, I knew I had paid with a twenty dollar bill. The cashier and the manager, I still don't know who she is at this point, walked away and I was left standing there at the counter for about 5 minutes until the manager came and took me to a closet in which sat,   I assume another manager. He showed me a video and told me that indeed it did look as if I had paid with a five dollar bill and not twenty. I wasn't satisfied at all with this treatment and asked if I could have his card. I wanted to pursue this further as I did pay with a twenty dollar bill and was very upset over being treated, especially as a paying customer,  with such disregard. The manager told me that he didn't have a card. I left the store without my drink and crackers and the wrong change.

I then called the store and asked for the number of their headquarters. The manager told me that he didn't know the number and that he was very busy, before he hung up on me. I then called and left a message with a district manager who returned my call and told me that he would go to the store the next day to watch the video. What came of this, I don't know.

I am not in the habit of trying to cheat convenience stores and am very unhappy with my experience at this store. The staff was rude beyond belief and I was cheated out of my twenty dollars. Needless to say, I will not stop at this store again.  In retrospect, I should have called the police, as I was indeed robbed, but I have never experienced this kind of treatment and really did not know what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2012 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kangaroo-Express/Dunn-North-Carolina-28334/Kangaroo-Express-Give-wrong-change-and-shun-customer-Dunn-North-Carolina-873232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kangaroo Express