publicly

• Updated: Wed, January 22, 2014

• Reported By: jackie — Cleveland Ohio
Kaplan Career Institute
8720 brookpark road Cleveland, Ohio USA

Kaplan Career Institute Rip me off education and student loan without a ged Cleveland Ohio

I was 18 and staying with my mom and pregnant, I did not have a high school diploma or ged. I found out about Kaplan Career Institute on tv and figured maybe it was time I try to get a ged. My reasons for going to kaplan was for may ged, but I believe I was mislead and used and turned against my reasons for being their. I was signed up without a ged or high school diploma for the nursing program, which is not what I asked for. Though I was told clearly that If I wanted to stop I had to be withdrawn within a week. I was unaware of what paper work I was signing and didnt understand nothing about student loans. To rap things up I got sick of dehydration during my first week and was admitted to the hospital, stressed out enough I called the school before my deadline and asked to withdraw me. They told me they will get that done that day. Months pass by and I owe the money for this loan when I exited the school before the deadline. I had someone call the school and they told them they withdrew me but they didnt put the paperwork in till 2 days after the deadline. I felt like I was definently cheated, and needed some help.  A year passed and I have went from call to call about this loan, then the calls stopped know one can pull up my info on this loan, but it still remains on my credit has of this day as charged off. Please can someone tell me what can I do? I am seriously thinking about sueing this institute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2014 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-Career-Institute/Cleveland-Ohio/Kaplan-Career-Institute-Rip-me-off-education-and-student-loan-without-a-ged-Cleveland-Ohi-1117778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan Career Institute