Complaint Review: Kaplan College -- Merillville, IN

• Updated: Sun, March 06, 2011

• Reported By: Mike — Sycamore Illinois United States of America
Kaplan College -- Merillville, IN
3803 East Lincoln Highway Merrillville, Indiana United States of America

Kaplan College -- Extorting personal information for non-existent student loans Merrillville, Indiana

I have been contacted first by phone by someone who refused to give me their name or even tell me what their call was about and now by letter by a "Wendy Adams" representing Kaplan College in Merrillville, IN.  They claim that I have an overdue student loan taken out at their college in Indiana.

I have told them, first by phone and again in response to their letter directly to the email address of "Wendy Adams", that:  I have never lived, worked, or gone to school in the state of Indiana.  I have never contacted nor done any business with Kaplan College.  I went to school in two states:  Louisiana and Illinois, neither of which has a Kaplan location.  I have not had a student loan since the early 1990s, when the few I had were paid off.

I have told them this repeatedly and they continue to harass me.

I suppose my next stop is the police and to hire a lawyer.  That I would have to go to this length is ridiculous, but apparently the dishonesty at Kaplan College knows no bounds.

Consider my story a warning.  Even if you don't do business with them, ever, they still act this way and won't accept "I've never been there nor had anything to do with your company/school", the truth, as the truth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-College-Merillville-IN/Merrillville-Indiana-/Kaplan-College-Extorting-personal-information-for-non-existent-student-loans-Merrillv-703447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan College -- Merillville, IN