Complaint Review: Kaplan College

• Reported By: kkima68 — Arlington Texas United States of America
Kaplan College
2241 S Watson Rd Arlington, Texas United States of America

Kaplan College Kaplan is a Joke in Arlington, Texas

I graduated from Kaplan in Arlington, TX the end of 2010. I took Medical coding/billing. This school and course is a joke. It was a big waste of money for me. Some of the things promised in the beginning were never taught (Microsoft Office). Other things that I am finding now should have been taught and are crucial to coding, was not.

We had an awesome teacher who really cared about his students and if they learned. But other than him, no one really cared. It's a money making business, plain and simple. I have worked in health insurance and billing for 17 years before attending Kaplan. I just wanted to get my coding certification. I don't know about other areas, but DFW doesn't care about your certification or school transcript. If you don't have 3-5 years experience in coding, they won't even give you an interview.

I graduated with a 3.96 GPA and learned everything they taught with high grades. So, it isn't that I did not apply myself. What most people do not know is, you do not need to go to school to do medical billing. Only to get a coding certification. 15K later, it was an expensive lesson for me for a whole lot of nothing.

And as far as career services go in helping you find work, it is also a joke. They scour the same job ads and job boards via the Internet that I was doing myself at home. Never again!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-College/Arlington-Texas-76010/Kaplan-College-Kaplan-is-a-Joke-in-Arlington-Texas-749968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan College