Complaint Review: Kaplan Continuing Education

• Submitted: Thu, April 22, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, April 22, 2010

• Reported By: Jamie — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Kaplan Continuing Education

Kaplan Continuing Education KCE, Kaplan University Collection harassment for payment by phone Internet

I have been called twice in one day.  I have been called over 6 times in one week & was sent an email Via my personal computer. I have got them to stop calling my POE, but continue to be harassed by calls to my cellular phone (only phone I have). I told them to stop calling my cellular phone & send mail correspondiance only but they say they HAVE to have number to call me with.  I was first contacted w/in 3 ? days of mising my pymnt due date on the 1st of each month-this April. The worst was week two. They said to make payment & they will stop calling. They also call from an auto dialer & sometimes block their number.  I told them that dialer or not, this is still harassment by calling so much & twice in one day, but they still keep up with the pitch to collect the money instead of hanging up & saying sorry, will note the account.  I can't withdraw or have to pay for the full payment of over 3,500.00 Too late to withdraw after the 3rd month.  The 3rd month is not enough time to know if this is what you want as your still learning medical terminology during that month & I am on a 12 month program.  Didn't realize you have to pay for the classes you don't use after the 3rd month in medical coding course. I told them the calls are too much & considered harassment & I am going to file a claim but they keep calling.  I am keeping a log of the time, date, & who I talk to.  I am making my payment 23 days late & I have recieved possibly 13 calls thus far. Plus, they made it sound like I could get financing with no problem & they would help, but web sights is all they have for you to look into. I am not able to get any finanical assistance. I am looking into what my options are to file. Under the "Fair Debit Collection Act "FDCA" under section: 6. Section 806(5) prohibits contacting the consumer by telephone "repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number." 1. Multiple phone calls. "Continuously" means making a series of telephone calls, one right after the other. "Repeatedly" means calling with excessive frequency under the circumstances.  I WILL not recommend this to campus to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2010 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-Continuing-Education/internet/Kaplan-Continuing-Education-KCE-Kaplan-University-Collection-harassment-for-payment-by-p-595686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan Continuing Education