Complaint Review: Kaplan Univerisity

• Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: Kristin — wichita Kansas United States of America
Kaplan Univerisity
550 W Van Buren St Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Kaplan Univerisity I do not recomend Kaplan University, your degree won't qualify for anything. Chicago Illinois

I do not recomend Kaplan University at all. I recently started attending Kaplan Univeristy full time to obtain my associates degree in Human Services and was informed that they were an accredited school. I was informed that they were accredited through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) as well as the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, after doing research due to my want to transfer to a cheaper university I discoverd that Kaplan recieved this accredidation through false information and I also discovered that they themselves as a univeristy is accredited but there courses are not.

I have read reviews from others about Kaplan and one person claims that he attended Kaplan for his ten years and obtained his teaching degree, however when he went to apply for his license he was told that his credits were not transferable and that he would not be able to get his licesne. This person had to retake all those classes through a different school and use another ten years.

When I enrolled my financial advisor told me that I would have nothing that I needed to pay until six months after I graduated, I hadn't even been in school for a month and I recived a bill for 137.07 that needed to be payed by febuary 15th and before I was able to get that payed, on my student page it told me that I needed to pay 113, a slight difference but that is a major inconsistancy. I am not pleased with kaplan at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-Univerisity/Chicago-Illinois-60607/Kaplan-Univerisity-I-do-not-recomend-Kaplan-University-your-degree-wont-qualify-for-any-567895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan Univerisity