Complaint Review: Kaplan University 043 KCC School Of Continuing Education

• Submitted: Mon, October 22, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2007

• Reported By:Easton Pennsylvania
Kaplan University 043 KCC School Of Continuing Education
6301 Kaplan University Avenue Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Kaplan University 043 KCC School Of Continuing Education KAPLAN UNIVERSITY IS CORRUPT, STEALS MONEY FROM IT'S STUDENTS Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: For all the Kaplan victims, If you were a former student or a student now at this bootleged school

*Author of original report: update

Durinig all of this, I found out that I was pregnant with my second child. I had a very difficult pregnancy requiring frequent hospitalizations. Durning this time, I contacted the student accounts department at the school, and told them that due to my pregnancy & health I would like to withdraw from the program. I was told that I was not able to withdraw and whether or not I completed the program I was expected to pay the full tuition (even for the courses that I did not sign up for, or take). I was told by Michelle Thomas, the student accounts representative, that I had only 30 days once enrolling in the program to withdraw in order to not be held responsible for the full tuition. I asked for a copy of the enrollement agreement that appartently has this in writing, and I still have not been provided with it.

Jennifer
Easton, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2007 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University-043-KCC-School-Of-Continuing-Education/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Kaplan-University-043-KCC-School-Of-Continuing-Education-KAPLAN-UNIVERSITY-IS-CORRUPT-STE-280288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University 043 KCC School Of Continuing Education

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Justice - (U.S.A.)

I was almost, ripped off by Kaplan University.

Afer finding this website, I am so thankful to you guys.

For all the Kaplan victims, If you were a former student or a student now at this bootleged school, check out these site below to file your complaint.

I've contacted FAFSA and they gave me 2 numbers to call.

866-224-6684 or their website: www.fldoe.org/cie

Secretary of state 515-281-5865

Kaplan is license through them.

I spoke to a lady and she suggested that the victims complain and she made a comment that they were not aware that Kaplan university was doing such thing.
Have your proof handy guys and girls.

update

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

As a registered nurse, I was at the point in my career where I desired to further my education and obtain certification in case management. As a result, I applied to the online case management certification program at Kaplan University. After a telephone interview etc, I enrolled in the program. I was told that the program would cost $3500.00. I paid 500.00 up front and was put on a monthly payment plan to pay the remainder. Durning this time, I was sent an outline of the payments etc. I went online and started the first couse, which was an introduction to case managment. Durinig all of this, I found out that I was pregnant with my second child. I had a very difficult pregnancy requiring frequent hospitalizations. Durning this time, I contacted the student accounts department at the school, and told them that due to my pregnancy & health I would like to withdraw from the program. I was told that I was not able to withdraw and whether or not I completed the program I was expected to pay the full tuition (even for the courses that I did not sign up for, or take). I was told by the student accounts representative, that I had only 30 days once enrolling in the program to withdraw in order to not be held responsible for the full tuition. I asked for a copy of the enrollement agreement that appartently has this in writing, and I still have not been provided with it. I was just told today, that if I do not pay the 1096.00 that is remaining by Nov. 1st I will be sent to collections. I have never heard of such a thing. I have both my BA and MA degrees, have gone to several colleges and have never encountered such a corrupt school. I am writing this to warn any other students who are thinking about enrolling in this college, to think twice.