Complaint Review: Kaplan University - Online Campus

• Updated: Mon, May 24, 2010

• Reported By: Pinchers — Palm Bay Florida United States of America
Kaplan University - Online Campus
Ft Lauderdale, florida Internet United States of America

Kaplan University - Online Campus Financial aid canceled my classes from november 2009. My financial aid officer promise me that i would start classes this semester the new semester started 2 days ago and i am unable to login. Internet

*General Comment: who to contact

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Bill McCullom in Tallahassee, Attny General

*Consumer Comment: Re:Help

Financial aid canceled my classes from noember 2009, they sent me a contract for payments which i started and they are suppose to allow me  back in class this semester, the new semester started 2 days ago and cannot login because i am still blocked from classes. The financial aid officer told me two weeks ago that she guarantee that she would fix everything that i would start classes on 02/03/10, now she refused to take my calls and there is no one there to resolve this situation. I even asked them to release my credits that i can go somewhere else and complete my education, i really want to complete my education and these people are making it very difficult for me to do so. They keep telling one lie after another. Someone out there please HELP me, i need HELP. Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 10:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University-Online-Campus/internet/Kaplan-University-Online-Campus-Financial-aid-canceled-my-classes-from-november-2009-M-564784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University - Online Campus

#1 General Comment

who to contact

AUTHOR: jsmith0411 - (United States of America)

Hi,

You need to contact Jason Yates at KU.  He is the financial aid manager.  I had to deal with him in 2008 about my account also and being blocked from classes.  I also had to deal with him again this year, but this time had no luck, but maybe you will.

Jyates@kaplan.edu

Good luck!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Bill McCullom in Tallahassee, Attny General

AUTHOR: Trish - (United States of America)

File a complaint with the attorney generals office,.  then contact the consumer fraud department with your local attorney general. if we get enough complaint's against Kaplan we will be abel to file a class action law suit.

Kaplan has done this to so many students they started their own collection company called Pinnacle.  What a joke.

Re:Help

AUTHOR: PA Maniac - (United States of America)

I am writing to inform you that you should contact your academic advisor to channel you through to the proper personnel. If you have not been assigned an academic advisor, I suggest you continue to contact financial aid and when prompted through the automated phone system, press the proper button to be connected with the next available representative. It is always best to document dates, times and names of persons that you have spoken with regarding each matter. In fact, it is a must if you wish for things to go as planned.
If all else fails and you cannot get in touch with anyone in any other way, you can contact support and solutions (tech support or dial 0 when prompted for an extension) ask them to patch you through directly to a financial advisor.
I have been a Kaplan student for over two years and I know that communication is sometimes very difficult, but as the student we need to pursue and persist until we get what we need. It is our responsibility to cross all the T's and dot all our I's.

socalled