Complaint Review: Kaplan University Online, Distance Education, Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Higher Education

• Submitted: Sun, June 06, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, June 06, 2010

• Reported By: Blake — Chamblee Georgia U.S.A.
550 West Van Buren Street, 7th Floor Internet United States of America

Kaplan University Online, Distance Education, Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Higher Education Incorrectly kept Financial aide money Internet

On 2 occassions this school failed to send me the appropriate books for my classes.  I reached out to them prior to my classes starting and was told that the books would be resent to me.  I still did not receive the books before class started.  I contacted the college back only to be told again that they would send the books.  Class started and I did not have any books.  I was informed by the instructors that I needed the material in order to complete the work.  I did not recieve the books until the 5 week of a 10 week term.  By this point the first 5 weeks of works had already been due and could not be completed or turned in at this point.   During this time point and after I got the books, I was in constant contact with my advisors, only to be told by them that I should just continue to login to the course so that I don't get dropped from the college and then retake the class.  Of course this means having to pay for the class over again.  In my case this meant them taking more financial aide money to make sure that the classes were paid for.  After I left the school they turned around and are now stating that I owe them $1300, when in fact they are the ones that owe me money for the 2 terms that they screwed me out of financial aid money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2010 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University-Online-Distance-Education-Kaplan-Inc-Kaplan-Higher-Education/internet/Kaplan-University-Online-Distance-Education-Kaplan-Inc-Kaplan-Higher-Education-Incorr-610978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University Online, Distance Education, Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Higher Education