Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:SugarLand Texas
Kaplan University
550 West Van Buren Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Kaplan University Kaplan University in Florida is a Huge Ripoff!!!! Chicago, Illinois, Florida

Kaplan University is a huge rip off. It is not a good school once they are claiming you owe money that you really don't and they charge you money and higher rates that you don't even know about. I do not like these type of people. They charged me over 9k in 2007 for online classes. They changed the rate in the middle of the year that I didn't even know about, and when my term was almost over, they call me to tell me I still over them over 1,000 dollars that I didn't know anything about. I asked my financial aid advisor about, and he said it was a mistake. The financial aid advisor never answered the phone, they changed my counselor about 2 to 3 times, and they never called when they were suppose to. I never heard from the first one and the second one called only one time. That's why they've lost their contract to Citi Bank. They no longer deal with Kaplan because they can never contact them and they too probably got tired of the lies and the rip offs. They are holding my transcripts hostage and I really need them to continue my education somewhere else. I've reported them to the better business bureau, but I have another place over their heads where I'm going next! If anyone can give me some info, please let me know. And I hope whoever is fighting them, I pray you succeed, because people like them have to be stopped. That's why our great country that is no longer great is in ruins as we speak because of greedy incompetents like those people who call themselves a place for higher learning!!!

Ann
SugarLand, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/Chicago-Illinois-60607/Kaplan-University-Kaplan-University-in-Florida-is-a-Huge-Ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-Flo-411345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University