Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: kahichz88 — Lake Charles Louisiana
Kaplan University
Davenport, Iowa USA

Kaplan University Online Bogus Charges After I Left Davenport Iowa

I enrolled in Kaplan University's online program in January 2014. I completed my first semester and was into my second when my circumstances underwent a drastic change which led to me withdrawing from classes. Well, I stopped doing the work and was automatically withdrawn. During all this time, I made a very concerted effort to keep an eye on my financial aid to be sure it covered all my fees. I added up everything myself to be sure my records matched theirs. Twice, I received the refund of my financial aid and the numbers were all on track. I had read several reviews mentioning mystery fees popping up, and I was trying to make sure that didn't happen to me. So imagine my surprise when I received an email stating I somehow now owe them over $1300! My financial aid covered all my fees - I added it all up myself. My stipends were what they were supposed to be. But when I leave, I suddenly owe them money. I've read about this happening to other people, and it seems like a scam to me. If they can't get money out of you one way, they'll try another. Why doesn't someone do something about this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2014 03:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/Davenport-Iowa/Kaplan-University-Online-Bogus-Charges-After-I-Left-Davenport-Iowa-1163041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University