Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: JFB — Bardstown Kentucky United States of America
Kaplan University
1801 E Kimberly Rd. davenport, Iowa United States of America

Kaplan University KU did not notify me that they hadn't received my full financial aid payment until it was a school year past due and they are now telling me that I owe $1400.00 in 30 days or they will unentoll me.Davenport, Iowa

I have been attending Kaplan Univeristy on-line for a year (2 school years as they refer to it) and had not been notified that I owed a past due balance from the 1st school year until I was well into my 2nd year. They state that I didn't receive the full amount of financial aid from the previous year until now. The financial aid department has put me off 3 times saying they would escalate the issue, but that I would have to pay the balance of $1400.00 within 30 days or they will unenroll me. I was never notified of the balance, and my financial aid award letter shows me receiving the full amount. They said that it was never applied and although it wasn't my fault, they can't fix it and the balance is due now. I don't understand how I am being penalized for their accounting error or how they can kick me out of school for this. I can't come up with that kind of money in 30 days (I am a stay at home mom of 2 and we barely make it as it is - that's why I am getting my degree) THIS was not my fault - they never notified me of the balance. I am not sure where to go from here as if they unenroll me I will owe my loans as well as the amount they say they will have to sue for. This is not fair. I am a 4.0 student on President's List.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 04:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/davenport-Iowa-/Kaplan-University-KU-did-not-notify-me-that-they-hadnt-received-my-full-financial-aid-pa-949539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University