Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: Wisconsin — madison Wisconsin United States of America
Kaplan University

Kaplan University Charged for semester I did not attend Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same Issue Kaplan College "formerly OIP&T

Kaplan University charged me for a semester I did not attend. They did not live up to my expectations and I stopped attending classes and I was subsequently academically expelled. I was then three weeks into the next semester some how I was expelled again for not paying tuition for classes I could not have attended if I wanted to. Over a year later they try to charge me for that semester and I have been arguing with Kaplan/credit agencies for the last 5 years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/internet/Kaplan-University-Charged-for-semester-I-did-not-attend-Internet-825542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University

Same Issue Kaplan College "formerly OIP&T

AUTHOR: Donldev - (United States of America)

I experienced the same issue in Dayton,OH with this school. The "career advocate" whose name I'm sure I can't mention blatently lied to me about what I was signing and even in the contract it states that a person can not come back at a later date and say a representative from their org "told" them anything, in other words you can't say "the career advocate told me.... because it won't even matter so technically it gives them the right to lie and covers them with the contract which isn't fair. I didn't complete the whole program but they charged me for it I took out a student loan which paid for all the classes I attended  but they wanted it all the school is simply all about the money no real interest in the students I've been dealing with this since 2006 to the tune of $9159 for semesters I didn't complete what a ripoff! Program for criminal Justice $24,500 I ended up with $14,000 in student loans and a $9,159 tab left at the school