Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 14, 2012

• Reported By: Shelly — Burbank California United States of America
Kaplan University

Kaplan University Kaplan Misrepresentation of discount for vetrans- Gave discount then took away right before last semester, Internet

I was given a veteran military discount when I signed up for school at Kaplan University. I would never have gone to Kaplan if they hadn't bait me with the discount. I recieved the discount which is only 10% for the entire time I have been at Kaplan and now right before my last semester they told me I wasn't entitled to it and took it away. Now I owe all the money that was discounted for me for the entire time I have been in school and this happened two weeks before finals and it has effected my grades (I was on Presidents List and should have been again).

Now I have a huge bill they say I must pay before I can take my last class and graduate. In the mean time I have racked up a huge financial aid bill. I want to scream I want to cry I wish I never started school at Kaplan University. They are practicing fraud and getting away with it, I feel like it was planned. When I talk to the lady who signed me up she blames financial aid and vise versa. And their stories are identical and nothing like what I was told by both departments when I started school. I know I have been scammed and good the old bait and switch.

Then I read all the complaints about the same thing over and over. Someone needs to stop them they are misrepresenting their discounts and services and that is considered fraud and against the law. If anyone reads this and is thinking of going to Kaplan I warn you not to they do not care about the students all they want is your money. No one can ever help you with your problems until it is to late or not at all. The reason I decided to write a report is to hopefully save someone from going through what I have at Kaplan. And to let it be known that Concord Law School is owned by Kaplan so beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 02:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/internet/Kaplan-University-Kaplan-Misrepresentation-of-discount-for-vetrans-Gave-discount-then-too-968909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University