Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Updated: Tue, October 19, 2010

• Reported By: M. T. — Florida United States of America
Kaplan University

Kaplan University Online University, Internet

I am sorry to say that I enrolled in Kaplan U regardless of the warnings I saw online. This was a mistake. I believed them when they told me they have improved their financial aide department and that any student complaining didn't have their financial aide docs together. This was a mistake.

Kaplan University has given me the run around for 12 weeks now. I enrolled in July 2010 without giving them my official transcripts and applied for student loans for school. I completed all paperwork for financial aide. I called numerous times during my classes and after they were finished regarding financial aide. I was always told to call back in ____ # of days or weeks and Direct loans will have picked up my loan. I followed these directions and called when I was supposed to. Now, after I've been out of class for weeks I've gotten phone calls asking why I didn't enroll in the next semester. I've explained it to them and have received phone calls from Financial but nothing has been done. I have sent emails to the last person I spoke with and got no response.

Today 10/19/10 I called Direct Loans Directly. Apparently Kaplan did not turn in my application packet to them. They have my promisory note, but not the other information they need in order to accept my loan application.

My only goal right now is to get my tuition paid by loans for last semester and change to a different online university.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2010 06:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaplan-University/internet/Kaplan-University-Online-University-Internet-652662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaplan University