Complaint Review: Kaptain Kirk's Auctions

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Idaho
Kaptain Kirk's Auctions
1301 18th Ave. Rockford, Illinois USA

Kaptain Kirk's Auctions Kirk West, the owner of Kaptain Kirk's Auctions seemed used to dealing with unhappy customers. Very cold, very matter of fact, very comfortable being a charlatan. Very, very sad. Rockford Illinois

Unfortunately, I read the other Ripoff Reports only after I won the autographs. I actually met Kirk West, the owner, in person, and thought maybe since we had a bit of history, he would treat me differently. Of course, that didn't happen. The substance of the interaction is similar to the other complaints. He's just simply a con artist selling forged autographs. I sent the forgeries back, and to add insult to injury, he offered to resell them at a 33% commission. I told him I wanted nothing to do with perpetuating this scam and would just chalk it up to a learning experience. With the help of the internet, it's just a matter of time before he's busted. I just wish I hadn't been caught up in the wake. The world has enough woes, they don't need charlatans like Kirk taking advantage of the inherent good nature of others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaptain-Kirks-Auctions/Rockford-Illinois-61104/Kaptain-Kirks-Auctions-Kirk-West-the-owner-of-Kaptain-Kirks-Auctions-seemed-used-to-de-1079740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaptain Kirk's Auctions