Complaint Review: Karate America Ft. Lauderdale Fl

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Lenny B — Fort Lauderdale United States of America
Karate America Ft. Lauderdale Fl
1153 N.Federal highway Ft. Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Karate America Ft. Lauderdale Fl Tricked into a three year contract that was supposed to be a 90 day trial, told I could cancel before Ft. Lauderdale , Florida

*UPDATE Employee: question

I took my three year old daughter to Karate America, I had a 90 day trial coupon. I told the instructor that we wanted to see if she would like Karate. She went to two classes and seemed to enjoy the program. We were approached by the instructor about a Tiny Tiger program that would take three years to complete. We were talked into signing a contract, with the stipulation we could get out before the 90 day trial period. We paid for the 90 day trial. On the third lesson my daughter was tired, so they removed her from the rest of the class for a private session. After that last class she no longer wanted to go back to Karate America. She was fearful, she talked about the instructor putting his foot on her chest doing a step over move, she also said she was upset over a wrestling match where she was matched up with a boy who started crying  after they wrestled. I called the instructor and told him she did not want to come back, and I wanted to end my trial period. He told me to write a letter to Karate America and explain the situation. I wrote a letter with the explanation. Now over a year later I am being harassed by a collection agency out of Jacksonville named MGC for a payment  of $7,560.  I was threatened by a man named Glenn Ross if that is really his name that if I don't pay that it would be put on my credit report for refusal to pay. An expensive three classes. Only in America. Karate America.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2012 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karate-America-Ft-Lauderdale-Fl/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-/Karate-America-Ft-Lauderdale-Fl-Tricked-into-a-three-year-contract-that-was-supposed-to-894181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karate America Ft. Lauderdale Fl

question

AUTHOR: proudparent - (United States of America)

Sounds like you signed an agreement to bring you or your child to classes and agreed to pay for those classes and Karate America agreed to teach those classes and you didn't hold up your agreement.  And now you're mad because they are holding up theirs.