Complaint Review: Karate America

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2010

• Reported By: Jax Navy veteran — Orange Park Florida United States of America
Karate America

Karate America Karate America Jacksonville UNPROFESSIONAL AND EXPENSIVE Internet

*Author of original report: resolved

*Author of original report: karate america

*UPDATE Employee: Professionalism Matters

Karate America is unprofessional.  I do not take their Taekwondo classes.  I take the Krav Maga and Warrior X-Fit classes.

Classes regularly start late, causing class time to be cut in half, like tonight.  Seems like Taekwondo classes come before all other classes.

Instructor for Warrior X-fit does not know how to do the exercises correctly.  We do certain exercises to advance.

Instructor for Krav Maga class has been absent at begining of class, sometimes missing half the class, due to signing up new students.

I will finish my contract because I like the people and have fun.

It is extremely expensive after buying all gear, they don't go through the prices when you sign the contract.  Something that costs $10 on Amazon.com, costs $15-$20 at Karate America, and you have to buy their equipement due to insurance policies.

If you want out of your contract, you may be able to claim false advertisement.

Karate America does not teach Karate.  Karate is a form of martial arts that was created in Okinawa.  What they teach is Taekwondo, they recite the American Taekwondo Association oath at the begining of each class.  Taekwondo comes from Korea, and is basically kick boxing.

I don't know if that is a legal way to get out of your contracts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karate-America/internet/Karate-America-Karate-America-Jacksonville-UNPROFESSIONAL-AND-EXPENSIVE-Internet-640637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karate America

resolved

AUTHOR: Jax Navy veteran - (United States of America)

It would have been better for me to have talked to my instructor first before posting online.  I was pretty upset the night I wrote the comments, the problems built up, and I should have complained before then.

My school has a friendly staff.

I have talked to my instructor since then and they are currently working on solving the problems.

Maybe in the future surveys can be mailed out so that students can feel open to comment on instructors.  I do not like to complain or tell authority figures how to do their jobs.  Maybe that is just a military thing.

karate america

AUTHOR: Jax Navy veteran - (United States of America)

I have talked with my instructor and they are in the process of fixing the problems.  It would have been better for me to have spoken to my instructor first about the issues.

My school has a friendly staff, I just don't care to complain directly to any instructors.

Maybe in the future there will be some kind of survey mailed out so that students can feel open to give their opinions without feeling that they are complaining, or telling their instructors how to run their programs.

Professionalism Matters

AUTHOR: Karate America Employee - (USA)

Dear Navy Vet,

One of the things Karate America / Krav Maga prides itself on is of course it's professionalism and punctuality.  All classes should start and end on time.  Krav Maga is just as important as the Taekwondo program and your class should not be getting cut in half.  And every instructor should know the class plan for the day.  Equipment should be discussed before joining our school.  I see you do understand why it has to be our product do to our insurance company.

As far as false advertising Karate America is just the name of our company.  Whichever program you choose to join Krav Maga, Warrior XFit, Taekwondo each have their individual names.

Since you did not name the location our office can not fix these issues.

If you would please email me at ckosciuszko@karateamerica.info I can have all of these issues addressed.

Sincerely,