Complaint Review: Karate America

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Ripped off by KA — Davie Florida United States of America
Karate America
1400 Millcoe Road, jacsonville, Florida United States of America

Karate America Biggest ripoff of middle class families- Best Practices including lying, fraud and misrepresentation jacsonville , Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Question

In Sep 2007 I signed up my son for Karate classes at Karate America in Plantation FL where he and his friends attended for 5400 for a 3 yr contract. I signed a contract which the sales/instructor indicated could be terminated with notice. Not a problem. After my son attended for several months I realized some of the tasks requested by the children were dangerous and could cause serious damage. I however did not say anything.  After an additional year, I noticed a considerable cut back on classes and since I work and am a single Mom, my son was not able to attend the classes as we had thought. I contacted the corp. offices after 17 months of signing up and told them I would like to cancel and that the project Director in their Plantation FL office stated it was no problem. The person in Jacksonville stated she would follow up with me. I received a letter stating we had a contract which could not be cancelled.  I was angry and called the local KA who stated I had to pay. Shortly after they closed the Plantation, Fl KA studio and my account is now in collection for the amount left on the contract $2850 plus fees $1140. BTW, looking at the installment contract mailed to me, it appears I did not sign it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karate-America/jacsonville-Florida-32225/Karate-America-Biggest-ripoff-of-middle-class-families-Best-Practices-including-lying-917298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karate America

Question

AUTHOR: proudparent - (United States of America)

I don't know if the what the instructor told you or not.  But did you read you membership?  If you didn't sign it who did?  Are you saying that the instructor did?