Complaint Review: Karcher Pressure Washers

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:church hill Tennessee
Karcher Pressure Washers
2170 Satellite Blvd. Su-350, Duluths, Georgia U.S.A.

Karcher Pressure Washers ripoff selling things that fall apart after used only 1 time, cheap mad Duluths Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Karcher Customer Service is A+

I got a new KARCHER high pressure washer(k 2.35- 1300 psi) I got it around 3/25/04 as a gift for my spouce, It was in a unopened box until I gave it to him the end of june as a gift. He used it one time for about 30 min, and we got it out to use it again and it started falling apart pieces started falling out of the moter and it was smoking and had a burning smell.

I contact the KARCHER Co. it was very hard to get someone on the phone but when I did they told me to take it to one of the repair centers that did work for them, So I did and when I took it the man at the repair center told me what my pressure washer had done before I could even tell him, He said everyone he has had come to to his shop has done the same thing. He also told me that I had just lost my $100 I paid for this because they are so cheap and they can not be fixed. And he told me that repair center would not will not deal with the KARCHER CO. anymore they have had to much problems with there items and and the company.

So Off i go back home with the same broke item. I called the KARCHER CO. back and told them what I had been told then they told me I could pay to send it back but I need to give them my credit card to file for another one to be sent to me. I told them I would not give them any credit card info. So I lost the $100 for a item that was used for 30min. They do not stand good for the items they make. This item has limited lifetime/limited 24 month warranty, I also just found out that another model pressure washer they make was recalled I think this one should be to.

Katherine
church hill, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karcher-Pressure-Washers/Duluths-Georgia-30097/Karcher-Pressure-Washers-ripoff-selling-things-that-fall-apart-after-used-only-1-time-che-104124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karcher Pressure Washers

Karcher Customer Service is A+

AUTHOR: Elance - ()

I've owned 3 pressure washers, Karcher, Sears, and a generic one (MTD).

I realize that Karcher residential pressure washers are not the highest in quality or durability, but their customer service for replacement of small parts is excellent. My pressure washer developed a small leak in cheap plastic elbow- a part that probably cost .25 cents. A internet search indicates that this part fails quite often.

If you call the company, their customer service rep reads from a script. They will try to sell you the part for $14, which includes shipping. They are inflexible if the product is out of warranty.
However, If you send an email to their corporate office, they're more likely to replace the part free of charge. I've had a similar experience with Sears.

I rarely buy an extended warranty for anything, but many pressure washers, except the Honda brand, seem to an unusual history of premature failure. If I had to do it again, I'd buy a cheap one from Harbor Freight and get the extended warranty.