Complaint Review: Karl MagenDavid

• Submitted: Tue, April 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 14, 2012

• Reported By: Liz — Encino California United States of America
Karl MagenDavid

Karl MagenDavid California Real Estate Partners real estate scam artist Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Above Article is Completely Fabricated

Although not a customer, I am writing this review to warn you all of Mr. Karl MagenDavid. I walked in on a meeting with him and his partner arguing about their commission. This was extremely tacky and they were attempting to take a much larger cut than proposed originally claiming the client "would never find out."

From day 1, I had a bad feeling about him and had always wanted to learn more about the industry so I tried to be very active in the process which only irritated him. Mr. MagenDavid uses the fact that he does not have proper knowledge of the real estate industry as an excuse and as a result I went with another broker. Mr. MagenDavid was rude and impolite when I had come to him for assistance to sell my condo.

First, he forced me to list my home for a much lower price than I had wanted, claiming the market was bad; then, when I explained that I could not receive less and that I was certain my home was worth much more, he would not compromise. Shortly after, I contacted an appraiser on my own and sure enough I was correct so I switched agents. His inability to do business and have compassion for people is horrible especially when I was forced to sell my home. No one wants to go through a tough time and for him to treat me with a lack of respect was unacceptable.

Also, he NEVER answers phone calls and seeks to his "partner" to do his dirty work. DO NOT USE THIS REAL ESTATE COMPANY. They do not pay attention to the best interest of the buyer, they are only in it for a quick sell!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2012 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karl-MagenDavid/internet/Karl-MagenDavid-California-Real-Estate-Partners-real-estate-scam-artist-Internet-863600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karl MagenDavid

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Above Article is Completely Fabricated

AUTHOR: Karl - (United States of America)

The above article posted by LIZ is completely BOGUS.

The Article is contradictory by its own content.

This article is believed to be written by my ex-girlfriend of 3 years or her father who are retaliating against me due to a legal dispute we, as real estate professionals are involved in. A formal investigation into this post is currently in place and although rip-off report does not remove posts, I urge all readers of this post to read the facts.

OK, a few discrepancies in this post;

1.     The author writes although not a customer and than claims I listed her Condo.

2.     I have never listed a condo during my real estate career and the California Association of Realtors and the Department of Real Estate can PROVE and verify this, since listings are a matter of public record.  I would challenge the phony author to post the address of the condo he/she claims I listed.  It never happened.

3.   Only a handful of people (generally family and friends) actually know that I have a business entity name of California Real Estate Partners. Professionally, I have worked for White House Properties and Coldwell Banker. Ive had nothing but positive experiences with all of my clients.

It is shocking and disturbing that RipOffReport holds no accountability for the identities of the people posting as well as for content that is clearly defamatory and UNTRUE. They are protected by a decency act that allows them to never remove postings, no matter how defamatory or fraudulent they are. I am an ethical young business professional. SHAME ON YOU RipOffReport, for not moderating any of the bogus and defamatory stories being posted on your website. And no, I will not pay you $2000 to arbitrate my case. All you need is a pair of eyes and a brain to see that the author of the report is untruthful.