Complaint Review: Karla - Global Marketing

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Karla - Global Marketing
Shelbyville Rd Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Karla - Global Marketing ripoff So Much Deception Louisville Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: The Real Truth

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Austin Carroll was terminated. Global Marketing decided to no longer do business with Austin.

Where do I start? I was a part of the Cydcor team... Brain washing young professionals to scam buiness owners out of tons of money. Business owners beware!!!

Karla(the owner) has all knowledge of what is going on in her company yet refuses to do anything about it unless her vendor (Bell South/AT&T) demands that she lets someone go... Free Long Distance Anyone? All Day Baby!!!! But in reality it is 15 for the first line, 20 for each aditional.... with the free three months promo, we were long gone when the business owner opened that bill. $120 in my pocket. Its only 11am and im on the bell....

Of course the scam does not stop there... When at Bell South training the instructor's favorite line was... "Press hard Mr. customer, it's in triplicate!" with a greedy smile on his face. (meaning the paperwork the customer is duped into signing.)

I started out honestly selling products to customers and felt like I was helping them out. A month later and after being continually kicked out of businesses, i figured out the reason behind this. So the veterans offered up a little advice about how to really make money...

Tell them DSL, Long Distance, and that extra line is FREE! Sounds good right?

But the customer wants somthing on paper.... Fine! NO problem..... I'll get a quote from bellsouth showing that 4 lines are cheaper than the 3 you already have. Plus a $100 dollar bill credit.... who could resist? Little did they know... that quote does not include any of the surcharges or fees that make up the total charges. In some cases up to 25% of the bill. Thanks Bell South!!! OH, now AT&T... Different name, same Bull S***.

It was too easy... and when we got caught.... were we FIRED? NO!.... A little slap on the the wrist. After all the three of us were bank rolling her for a good period of time.

Im not a disgruntled employee.... just a guy trying to air his bad judgments. I preyed on buinesses like everyone else in the office at that time. Karla Alvarado is aware of what is going on and does only the mimimum to keep her doors from being shut.

I only decided to file a report after reading Karla's response to a woman with M.S. threatening leagle action... it just goes to show you the real character of Ms. Alvarado. Im not a saint by no means, but she needs to stop promising the world to young people and delivering nothing.... Also allowing her employees to continue to lie to local businesses.. Karla Alvarado and Global

For those of you reading this and wondering if it is true..... Walk into just say,... any ten businesses in Kentucky and say that you are there on behalf of Bell South..... or now AT&T and see what happens......? If you do not get kicked out or have the cops called 7 out of the 10 times I will retract my report....

This report has been filed by Austin, and Gordon... High Karla! How's business?

Austin
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karla-Global-Marketing/Louisville-Kentucky/Karla-Global-Marketing-ripoff-So-Much-Deception-Louisville-Kentucky-267418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karla - Global Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: James Jackson - (U.S.A.)

Karla and her so-called unprofessional behavior of other people is basically them trying to get justice for themselves. I myself Never bothered to file for unemployment because unlike Karla and her crackpot team I don't mooch off of society.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Austin - (U.S.A.)

To further clear my name, since initially filling this report. I was terminated from Global Marketing for one reason. I failed to pay for the Mini bar bill at the Dallas Grand Hayatt. I woke up late and had to catch a flight in 45 minuets. I offered to pay for the bill and was told that it was not necessary, I was already terminated.

Why was I in Dallas? I was at the Top Gun seminar. This is a seminar for the top two reps in each office around the country. If there were so many customer complaints, and all i did was lie to customers, why was I the top rep? I had two customer complaints in the 6 months i was there. One was a customer that did not recieve all of the incentives he was entitled to. This is due to an actual Bellsouth employee changing his service, right after i gave him the promos. The other i can't recall.

It is sad to say that this vendictive behavior of Ms. Alvarado has caused her to lose all but one of her outside deals... Columbus, Cincinnati, Jacksonville.

And do not single me out.... 2 of your reps actually came to my office yesterday and were lying through their teeth about the promotions..... One was a leader and the other was in training. So the saga continues......?

Maybe some advice: Pay your employees a gas alotment, think about some benifits, and have them look up Cydcor on Rip-Off Report.

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Karla - (U.S.A.)

Austin Carroll was terminated for unprofessional behavior at a company function, complaints filed against him by customers/business owners, and unethical behavior.
The state of KY denied Austin the right to collect unemployment benefits, which he tried to collect while working at Global Marketing. Gordon Goldsmith never filed the report with Austin.
After he admits lying to make a sale... you be the judge!