Complaint Review: Karrass Ltd. Attn: Gary Karrass/President

• Submitted: Tue, March 21, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:
Karrass Ltd. Attn: Gary Karrass/President
8370 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

Karrass Ltd -- seminar firm ..Bad Deal rip-off

*UPDATE Employee: Obviously if this is true, its just a misunderstanding

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gary Karrass really needs to step back and see what is going on with his company before it goes bankrupt over it's employees.

Karrass Ltd is a seminar firm located in Beverly Hills, CA They offer one seminar -- negotiation. Their seminars travel city to city and are usually held in hotel conference rooms. The duration of the seminar is two days and the cost is $795.00 plus hotel room, parking and breakfast/ dinner.
They advertise primarily in airline magazines where they can suck in frequent business travelers, like me.

I am a frequent traveler, a business owner of 24 years and decided that I would take their course. The course description gave me high expectations and their credentials seemed good.

It wasn't long into the first day that I realized I wasted my money. Then, it went downhill from there. I wrote a letter to the firms President the next day, Mr. Gary Karrass. Ten days went by and no response. Another letter and again, no response. Three e-mails and no response. Finally a response via e-mail from the Operations Manager asking me to "refresh" her memory. I did with another e-mail and again, no response. After two phone calls I got a Mr. Clayman, V.P. who had no idea who I was, etc. Bottom line: He refused to give me a refund of any kind. He was arrogant telling me "we are Karrass". Big deal. They are scam artists.

It took me two letters, Four e-mails and two phone calls before I could get anyone to assist me. Obviously, Karass has no knowledge of customer service nor do they care.

PLEASE stay away from here!! I have taken seminars before and never had an experience like this. Karrass' advertising slogan should be "Show Me The Money -- YOUR Money"

They are out for the money, YOUR MONEY!!!!

I am not out to get anymore than I believe I deserve -- A FULL REFUND incld the hotel and parking expenses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karrass-Ltd-Attn-Gary-KarrassPresident/Beverly-Hills-California/Karrass-Ltd-seminar-firm-Bad-Deal-rip-off-1632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karrass Ltd. Attn: Gary Karrass/President

Obviously if this is true, its just a misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Mlk - (U.S.A.)

Karrass Ltd is the leading seminar company conducting hundreds of negotiating seminars every year.
Nearly one million business people have gone thru the Effective Negotiating course worldwide. Companies such as Microsoft, Bechtel, Cargill and hundreds more continue to send increasingly more of their people, because it works.
Based on our successes, Jack's complaint would be unusual and therefore would have gotten immediate attention.
Jack wrote that he was unhappy early into the first day of our two day seminar.
This was 8 years ago and I have no way of knowing why he was unhappy.
Maybe he did not give the course a chance and had a pre conceived idea how this seminar should work.
This program builds over two days, teaching proven negotiation techniques and strategies as well as the latest methods of dealing with challenges and opportunities of today's complex business environment
Jack also wrote that he was unhappy with the lack of response that Gary Karrass, the president of the KARRASS gave him as well as the rest of the KARRASS organization.
It is Mr. Karrass policy that we look into any complaints immediately and try to resolve them to everyone's satisfaction. Because we take all complaints seriously we are able to keep future complaints to a rarity
It is interesting to note that this is the only complete that has been listed in 8 years, we must be doing something right. Obviously If this is true, this is just a misunderstanding.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

I used to work for this company. The company is not a rip off, but the Operatations manager and all of the upper management there are rude once they get off of the phone with you. It is good customer service once you are on the phone with them, but once you are off the phone it is like no respect. You are the sucker who just got licked. It is a lagit company, but I would never pay $795 now $995 for a 2 day seminar. Gary Karrass really needs to step back and see what is going on with his company before it goes bankrupt over it's employees.