Complaint Review: Kars Unlimited Inc

• Submitted: Thu, March 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Derrick — Shuqualak Mississippi

Kars Unlimited Inc Kenneth Pierce aka Ken (owner) I was told by owner that he would send me pics of car as they worked on it. I only got a few pics. he told me the guys was working this amount of hours but they wasn't! Hattiesburg, Mississippi

*Author of original report: Rip-Off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Derick Hardin

I hauled a 74 Chevrolet caprice to Kars Unlimited. I was told by the owner that while he worked on the car he would send me pics via email. It took him and his helpers too much time to do a small project. After he got deep in the project he STOP sending me pictures. He would billed me but NEVER completed the project. I would call the shop and get NO answer. I would even send an email and get no reply until several days later. I never could understand why his workers would start on the project but NEVER complete it but still billed me. Sad to say, I was out of 15,000-20,000 dollars. The car aint even got paint on it! The biggest lost in my life!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 11:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kars-Unlimited-Inc/Hattiesburg-Mississippi-39401/Kars-Unlimited-Inc-Kenneth-Pierce-aka-Ken-owner-I-was-told-by-owner-that-he-would-send-1036938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kars Unlimited Inc

Rip-Off

AUTHOR: Hardknoc - ()

ken, it didn't take all those words to explain what happen. The pictures of the car speaks for itself. The pictures of bondo on the quarter panel looks terrible. What restoration shop uses bondo?? I see it with my own eyes..other body shops see it as well. I just been ripped apart by you. You have a neat and nice shop but the work u do is terrible.

Signing that contract with you was the biggest mistake I made. I just hope no one else get treated like I did. This the reason I had to report this. I wish I could get half my money back.  This ridiculous!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Derick Hardin

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Mr. Hardin, I can't believe you would actually go to the trouble to write false statements about my company. I have hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers that would prove you wrong any day of the week. You are the only customer to ever say a bad thing about my company. So that tells me a lot about you. You knew what the hourly rate was, you knew how we done business because you signed a contract stating that you understood.

So lets start with the fact that when you brought the car to me it had large rust holes that went from the cowl panel to the ground and all the sheet metal had to be hand made and replaced.  The bottom of both your doors were completely rusted out and sheet metal once again had to be hand made and installed on your inner and outer doors. Your door jambs had rust holes in them that had to be repaired. Your rocker panels was rusted out. Your rear deck filler panel was rusted out and even the supporting structure had to be repaired.

Second you had already taken this car to some backyard (want to be) that welded on querter panels that were more than an inch out of alignment with the rest of the car. ( I still have the pics )This guy had severly hacked your car up and you know it .He had put some kind of sheet metal on your outer wheel houses that not only did it not even touch your querter panels it wasn't even formed correctly. Your hood was rusted out that had repairs and nearly every piece of that car was trash.

Third I wasn't sending pics of your car because there was no need. I wasn't working on it for long periods of time because you wouldn't pay your bill. Remember the contract you signed said that we get paid every two weeks not every two months. It didn't say you could pay notes on part of your bill. It states payments are in due in full every two weeks. I guess you forgot that.

I also guess you forgot the fact that I told you over and over again that the damage was very extensive and the smartest thing you could do was buy another car.