Complaint Review: Kasia Organic Salon

• Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: NoMoreChemicals — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Kasia Organic Salon
822 West 50th Street Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Kasia Organic Salon, Kasia Salon, Jillian Amberg, Kassie Kuehl, Colette Grampre, Kasia's Organic Salon, Kasia Salon, Informed Beauty, Minneapolis, Minneapolis Organic Salon Minneapolis, Minneapolis Organic Salon, Minneapolis Minnesota Salon, Kasia, Organic, Salon, Kasia's, Mastey, Mastey de Paris, Mastey Teinture Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel for you.

I have experienced high levels of scalp irritation from chemical hair color my entire life. After recently learning that my husband and I were expecting our first child, I was very concerned about getting my hair colored while pregnant. I found the following review on the website for Kasia's Organic Salon:

After finding I was allergic to chemical hair color, and being newly pregnant with my first child, I was very happy to find Kasia Organic Salon. Regular ammonia color makes my scalp unbearably itchy and I get a headache after I leave the salon. After seeing Kassie, I am grateful I have an alternative choice, and the color left my hair in such a great condition! ~ Jennifer Larsen, Minneapolis, MN

I am currently trying to contact Jennifer Larsen at http://www.jenniferlarson.net/more_about.html

After receiving my hair color, my scalp was incredibly damaged and my scalp was horribly irritated and significant rash started to develop. [continued below]....
..... I happened to be seeing my OBGyn two days later and she absolutely hit the roof when she learned I was getting my hair colored. Recently, I have developed Pre-eclampsia (a complication of pregnancy that induces hypertension) and our baby is at risk of several complications. I do not know for sure if the highly speculative hair color applied to my sensitive scalp during my second trimester is to blame, but I can tell you that my OBGyn is very skeptical because of my severe reaction and has referred us to an attorney that my husband and I are meeting with next week. The insinuation that Kasia's hair color is safe for pregnant women, or safe for any women, is irresponsible and reckless.

This salon was expensive, the quality of their services was pathetic, and their integrity is deplorable. I advice any person looking for healthy salon services in the Minneapolis area to look elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2011 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kasia-Organic-Salon/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55419/Kasia-Organic-Salon-Kasia-Salon-Jillian-Amberg-Kassie-Kuehl-Colette-Grampre-Kasias-O-710929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kasia Organic Salon

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I feel for you.

AUTHOR: NaturallyOrganic - (United States of America)

I had somebody in my salon a few months ago that I accidentally did this to. I felt terrible.

The only advice I can give you is to talk to the Salon owner first. When I did this to my client, it was because the Mastey company blatantly lies about the ingredients and dangerous chemicals found in their hair color. My client instead filed a lawsuit against Mastey for negligence, among other things. I am helping her through this case now, and hopefully you could do the same.

MASTEY MUST BE STOPPED!