Complaint Review: Kat Erangey

• Submitted: Sat, May 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 14, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Kat Erangey
689 W.Foothill Blvd. Suite A Claremont, California U.S.A.

Kat Erangey Inspired Talent Management SCAM ARTIST, LIAR, LOW LIFE, WANNA-BE, LOSER, FULL OF IT, WARNING:She thinks she has connections? She could not even get a deal if she was at Mcdonalds..BIGGEST LOSER I EVER MET. Claremont California

*Consumer Comment: Kat is an AMAZING woman! Don't believe the above garbage.

*Consumer Comment: I know this guy - Don't believe this report

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Kat Erangey "This is Slander" 310 383 3105

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Kat Erangey "This is Slander" 310 383 3105

*Author of original report: KAT ERANGEY and John Robert Powers

Kat Erangey is the definition of a low life. She is one of those people who think they know what they are talking about but in reality have no idea. Kat claims that she has connections and she knows the music, entertainment, acting, modeling business. When you call her voicemail she even has a fake message saying "This is Kat from MTV casting"..PURE WANNABE right there.

I came to Kat looking for guidance in pursuing music. Now I usually do all my research and know a lot about the many modeling scams and classes and companies and try to avoid them and since I was dealing with an individual I thought this may be the real thing.

The warning signs should have went up when her office is in Claremont..She is suppose to be in the entertainment business and yet her office is out somewhere in the desert? Kat says that all you need is one great song and you can get a record deal, she knows all these people and she is going to shop this and that but she just needs one great song. She hooks you up with a production team and tells you $5000 dollars is what it cost for a great hit with these people and that is all she needs..sure I got the song but what did Kat do with her cut of the money that the production team gave her? She went on a cruise to Alaska!

She is a big waste of time and someone who claims to be so knowing of the music industry should know the standard is 3 songs and you need to budget money not blow it all on one song. Please do not waste your time with her..Her excuse for not doing anything is emailing you news articles about how bad the industry is.

Her qualifications(if any) would only be useful in running a day care or a kindergarten talent show. If you google her, especially recently she appears on some top scam sites like explore talent, john robert powers, the list goes on and on.. She is an embarrassment and like a walking joke..especially when she goes on and on about her pretend career.

She could not get a deal if she went to mcdonalds. She has 0 knowledge of how the entertainment industry works. I thought I could not get fooled but I was, now I will make sure that others don't.

Newme8
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2008 03:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kat-Erangey/Claremont-California-91711/Kat-Erangey-Inspired-Talent-Management-SCAM-ARTIST-LIAR-LOW-LIFE-WANNA-BE-LOSER-FULL-334565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kat Erangey

Kat is an AMAZING woman! Don't believe the above garbage.

AUTHOR: Bradlee - ()

My name is Brad Wannemacher and I am a singer based in Nashville TN. In 2013 I got a phone call from Kat because she was scouting for the next season of "The X Factor". Long story short I ended up getting on the show because of her and sang for Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio and 3,500 people in New Orleans, and got 4 yeses from all of the judges! Since the show I have been in contact with Kat on a weekly basis. She has been nothing but kind, generous, and polite! To the person above who says she doesn't have connections....you're a crazy. I am in LA right now because I plan on moving here in May, and she has set me up with some INCREDIBLE people. Big producers, great talent agents, amazing managers etc. If you have what it takes and she believes in you, she will donate you her time and energy to help you!

Here is the big issue within the Entertainment Industry. Everybody thinks they are a star. They think they are the next big things since sliced bread. When they get told that they don't have what it takes by someone like Kat in the industry, they file over to your nearest computer and write something nasty about them online. Reading the above post was disgusting and I could not just sit here and not post something. Kat is really a "one of a kind" in the industry, so do not be deterred by the above posting. It was probably by someone who doesn't have the gumption to make it in the industry anyway. Hope this posting sets the story about Kat straight because she deserves more than she is getting. Cheers.

-Brad

I know this guy - Don't believe this report

AUTHOR: promusic16 - (USA)

I am a professional in the Music industry and have taken referrals from Kat for years.  She has sent me a number of very talented individuals with whom I have continued great professional music relationships.  I have run into to the individual who posted this report, although he was not referred to me by Kat.  His name Rafael York.  DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THIS WHACK JOB SAYS.

Rafael came to me for production and promotion work and not only is he talentless, but he is crazy.

I didn't feel I could help him and refused him as a client.   He then tried to extort money from me.  He told me that he was going to submit me to the Rip Off Report and other web sites and ruin my business if I didn't pay him money.  How could I rip him off if  I never provided him services or charged him money and had only one meeting?

THIS GUY IS CRAZY.

Kat did him a favor by referring him (she never charged him anything) and she receives no money from me or any of the other music producers she refers to. It wasn't a good match for her so she gave him a bit of advice and passed him on.  This guy is bitter about his lack of success resulting from his poor skills.

Kat is an honest business person with the utmost integrity and to see her on here with the idea that anyone can post whatever they want about her on here without a shred of truth is disgusting.  Especially a sick, twisted guy like Rafael York.  It's terrible that Rip Off Report let's people use their service as an extortion tool.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Kat Erangey "This is Slander" 310 383 3105

AUTHOR: Kat Erangey - (U.S.A.)

Hello Raphael,
You didn't put your name on your complaint which is smart because it is absolute slander.I find it really sad that you find you have to lie and bad mouth me. The only true part of your email is that you came to my office unprepared for the Industry.You had beautiful photos and a great energy about you. You asked advice on your music. I told you the truth and referred you to Producers.These kids you worked with are now signed to Warner Brothers.

Also you were not required to work with anyone I referred you to. That was purely your choice and decision to make.I find it really sad that you find you have to lie and bad mouth me. The only true part of your email is that you came to my office unprepared for the Industry.You had beautiful photos and a great energy about you. You asked advice on your music. I told you the truth and referred you to Producers.These kids you worked with are now signed to Warner Brothers.They can charge what they want to.

Also you were not required to work with anyone I referred you to. That was purely your choice and decision to make.I gave you honest feedback and advice.I even saved the Email on how you Thanked me for the referral and how much you loved your song. I had a weird feeling on you because I felt you were riding on just that one song was enough to get you a deal.I sent you Industry Articles to give you a reality check.I tell everyone how difficult it is to make it in this business.Raphael..you never paid me a cent!

I invited you to a Showcase where Interscope/Geffen Records as well as other Industry Professionals were there for free.You never even showed up to the audition.Two kids received development deals from that event.What you wrote about me is Pure Slander. I just finished a job for MTV/BBC Worldwide today and worked for MTV last year for Seven Months. I've also been working on a New CBS Show do to my music connections.I'm also a paid Freelance Scout for Arista/J Records and Interscope Records,Disney Producers and have the documents to prove it all.If you "Got It" I can get you to the right people.I have plenty of clients to prove that.

It's very funny that I'm one of the few people in LA who tells it like it is.I've worked hard to maintain my connections.It is also slander saying I work for JRP or explore talent.I scout and look for talent everywhere.I do not advocate either company.

What I find sad is when people in general don't get auditions,don't make it ..they don't take a good look at themselves and see if it is something in them. Raphael,I have documented your journey and decided you were not the right fit after you failed to show up to audition to be in a showcase (That everyone else paid to be in) for free.I don't know how I got blamed for everything but I find you to be really sad and misinformed.I still wish you the Best of Luck in your career.
Kat

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Kat Erangey "This is Slander" 310 383 3105

AUTHOR: Kat Erangey - (U.S.A.)

Hello Raphael,

Kat

KAT ERANGEY and John Robert Powers

AUTHOR: Newme8 - (U.S.A.)

REMEMBER..just to add I am not reporting because I think that record deals just fall onto the table or are promised because nothing is promised in this business..I am reporting because the fact is Kat Erangey knows nothing at all about what she is doing and she lies and lies and talks and talks. Also as stated she is linked to John Robert Powers..one of the biggest modeling scams in the world. Any real professional would avoid working with this type of scam. She will do nothing for you except try to get you to work with her "industry contacts" so she can still get money from you but it seems like your giving it to someone else and not her. AVOID HER, WASTE OF TIME AND HUMAN..