Complaint Review: Kauffman Tire

• Reported By: Israel — Tampa Florida United States of America
Kauffman Tire
5660 E=West Waters Ave Tampa, Florida United States of America

Kauffman Tire Town & Country Rip-off artists Tampa, Florida

Took my son's 2004 GMC Envoy, for estimate for work needed for an alignment on that particular vehicle. The veh. has been involved in an accident earlier that week and most of the damage was done to the front passenger side tire. The tire shifted backwards about an inch or more, and it was touching the fender when a right turn was made. I asked Kauffman about an estimate and how much it was to have the problem resolved? They said the estimate was free, and they started to look at the vehicle. Without asking me they did an alignment the best they could. Because there was damage on the axle part and they don't know how to repair that particular damage, and that there were no adjustment that could be done to that part, it has to be done at a frame-work (chassis) shop and new parts has to be purchased.

I asked them why you guys did an alignment when it was imposible to do a correct  one with the lower control arm "off place". They said I need one any way....and charged me $85 for it, I found out nothing was really done to the vehicle..... also if any work was performed it made it worst because the tire now touches more the back of the fender even when making a slight turn to the right

I did have another person work on the car it charged me $60 and fix the problem without buying any parts,... just adjusting the parts in questions and retightening the bolts,...it took them less than 15 minutes to do.

I know that those guys on Kauffman are a bunch of idiots, ignorants, and thieves, I will not recomend anyone to take there vehicles there, Hell I don't even want my money back they could keep it as far  as I care, MY ADVERTISING WILL BE WORTH IT FOR THE MONEY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kauffman-Tire/Tampa-Florida-33634/Kauffman-Tire-Town-Country-Rip-off-artists-Tampa-Florida-655055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kauffman Tire