interference

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By:Henderson Kentucky
Kaufman Trailers
702 North Silver Street Lexington, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 336-859-5785
  • Web:
  • Category: Trailers

Kaufman Trailers Rip-off!, Liars, Theives. Hung me out to dry! Want-my-money with No Service, Lexington North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: The real reason Kaufman Trailers is Cheaper

*General Comment: You get what you pay for

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I've Worked Directly With Kaufman

*Consumer Comment: Not Surprised about the complaints

*Consumer Comment: Much different experience

Bought a four car fifth wheel trailer for $15,160.00 on 1/3/08 from Kaufman Trailers,INC. It has been a lemon since the day I bought it.

Have had four blow-outs with less then 3000 miles. Wiring harness melted, battery melted. All hydrolics fittings leaked. 2nd axle u-bolts broke off trailer, and made the 2nd axle hit 3rd axle. only had 3 vehicles on trailer was not overloaded. Worked on trailer five hours just to get it home. Bought five used tires. They said new tires have no warranty. They told me I should have up-graded the tires on the NEW trailer. (All tires blew out in the same place.)

I upgraded to chrome wheel, and paid the difference. The spare wheel and tire I paid for came with painted wheel instead of chrome.I called them immediatleyand told them it wasn't chrome. They told me they were back ordered. Then they never sent my chrome wheel.

Owed me a battery under warranty, told me thay shipped it. I waited two weeks- no battery. Then I called, and they told me the battery was hazardous material and they couldnt ship it by truck. They lied AGAIN. Had to buy my own battery for $120.00

Owed me chrome wheel and tire for labor working on trailer under warranty. Still have not received chrome wheel.

Kauffman Trailers, INC has not done anything to satisfy me. They will not do anything to fix these unproffesional installed parts on this brand new trailer they installed. Kaufman Trailers will not return my phone calls.

Please contact me for details.

Gary
Henderson, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 02:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kaufman-Trailers/Lexington-North-Carolina-27292/Kaufman-Trailers-Rip-off-Liars-Theives-Hung-me-out-to-dry-Want-my-money-with-No-Servi-357668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kaufman Trailers

The real reason Kaufman Trailers is Cheaper

AUTHOR: KTITRAILERS - (United States of America)

Kaufman Trailers is not cheaper because they use cheaper material, they are cheaper because they sell factory direct to the public. Every time a Big Tex, PJ, or some other manufacture you are referring to sell a trailer they do it through their dealer network. It does not take rocket science to figure out that a dealer is going to mark up the trailer at LEAST 20% over what the manufacture sells it to them for.
As a owner of several Kaufman Trailers, I can personally attest that their trailers are built just as well as any trailers in the industry. Yes their tires may be imported, but if you look on their website they do offer USA made tires as an upgrade. As a consumer it all depends on how you are going to be using the trailer. Get all the facts before saying Kaufman trailers are built cheap. They are built just as well as any other trailer in the industry, they are just doing the public a favor and selling them direct.

Very Satisfied Customer

#2 General Comment

You get what you pay for

AUTHOR: Trailerman - (United States of America)

If you do your research, you will find Kaufman carhaulers are some of the cheapest ones made. Thats why so many people buy them and have problems. I have a transport company and use this type of trailer. I know people that have the kaufmans parked in the back yard because they are breaking down. Having said that, you should take some responsibility for buying the cheapest thing you can find to use for a commercial trailer. There is no such thing as US made trailer tires or bearings that come standard on a new manufactured trailer anymore. We have driven them all out of business by buying the cheaper trailers manufactured with cheaper, lower quality import parts. There are only a handfull of axle and tire combos available to manufacturers anymore, and they all use the brands available to them. The reason for the poor quality materials available to manufacturers is people like this guy that are not willing to pay more for a better trailer. Eventually the more expensive, better quality parts and trailers are harder to get because the consumer wants the cheapest thing they can find. I have found a few brands of trailer that will last under the abuse transporters put on their trailers, but they cost more. Check ebay or craigslist for used trailers before you buy. Chances are, if you see a lot of a certain brand for sale and "hardly used", there is a reason for it. If you cant afford to buy decent equipment new, buy better quality used. If the price is significantly less than other brands on similar items, its probably built using lower quality materials or less materials. Big Tex, Take-3, Sun Country, EZ-Haul build some good 3-4 car haulers. Just for fun, weigh a Take-3 and a Kaufman. The Take-3 weighs more because they are built with thicker tubing, deck plates, etc.

The bottom line is, Buy the best you can afford and dont blame someone else when cheap crap breaks.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I've Worked Directly With Kaufman

AUTHOR: TrailerStory - (United States of America)

A couple of notes for shoppers. Appalachian Trailers, Trailer Baron, and Kaufman Trailers is owned by Robb Kaufman and they only offer a one year warranty on their trailers.

Not Surprised about the complaints

AUTHOR: Trucker - (United States of America)

Both of these complaints talk about tires on trailers.  No surprise.  Kaufman trailer regularly buy seconds and "made in China" tires for their trailers, it is common knowledge.  It is shocking that a company would put people..sometimes families on the road knowing that they aren't safe...with NO intention of making it right.  Drive carefully people!

Much different experience

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I could not have been treated better by these folks and the quality of the single car trailer I bought was much better than trailers costing $1000 more.  My sales person went over every detail of the trailer with me, asked if I had anything I didn't like.  All paperwork was ready when I got there.  People who have seen the trailer cannot believe the quality or the price.  The attitude of everyone working there was absolutely exceptional, truly a well run and caring small business.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC