Complaint Review: Kawasaki Of Santa Barbara

• Submitted: Mon, June 29, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:Santa Barbara California
Kawasaki Of Santa Barbara
5836 Hollister Ave. Goleta, California U.S.A.

Kawasaki Of Santa Barbara More mistruths from Kawasaki of Santa Barbara Goleta California

I bought two motorcycles in 2008 and I went back in June of 2009 and I was looking at a newer honda cbr that had only 500 miles. I said I would start at one price, KBB low, and when Kevin one of the young sales people looked up the price on the computer, he "pulled down" high blue book instead. Before I left I wanted fresh oil, which they did not have the type of synthetic oil I liked so I went and bought it. That cost me $50. Later when I went home I realized the error in the price I had paid for the bike. I went to my bank and stopped payment on the check then immediately that next morning and went back to Kawasaki of Santa Barbara. I pointed out the "mistake" and told them we need to rework
the "deal".

I was threatened with having signed a contract and I could not back out according to the other Kevin, there's two Kevins. We went round and round and when we could not clear up the price issue I asked for the money for the oil I bought. They literally said too bad as they were not going to give me back the money.

What amazed me is that I originally only want to use low blue book as a starting point in in the conversation that following day I asked, "What is invoice" and I was told that information is confidential. Gee, the last two autos I bought I paid invoice + and the auto dealers had no problem telling me the invoice price!

Not withstanding the fact that this was the third motorcycle I was buying in the last 12 months from them. Is this how they treat repeat customers? Also when I mentioned my issue with other individuals they were aware of Kawasaki of Goleta's predatory sales techniques.

After a little research I found out their DMV license to sell is not current.

Dan
Santa Barbara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2009 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kawasaki-Of-Santa-Barbara/Goleta-California-93117-4658/Kawasaki-Of-Santa-Barbara-More-mistruths-from-Kawasaki-of-Santa-Barbara-Goleta-California-465969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kawasaki Of Santa Barbara