• Report: #204520

Complaint Review: Kawasaki

• Submitted: Fri, August 04, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By:Lexington North Carolina
9950 Jeronimo Road Irvine, California U.S.A.

Kawasaki, Extreme Cycle Sold faulty motorcycle Ripoff Irvine California

I purchased a VN2000 2004 (New)approximately 21/2 months ago.It had a machenical problem starting at 1600 miles.It has a 1 year unlimited mile warranty.And I also purchased a 4 year extended warranty.

I have taken it back to the dealership twice to be fixed.They say there is nothing wrong.

I have gotten to recalls on this bike.I took it in for recall to be fixed and they did not fix it.

I had to take it to another dealer, and he found that the rear pully was warped.He called the factory rep. and they told him they would not honer it under factory warranty.Rep. said 4500 miles is a lot on a motorcycle.He said I must have wrecked it,hit something,or tightened the belt to much.

The manager at the second dealership I took it to told factory rep. there were no marks on the bike no where,that it was spotlessly clean.

Now I am stuck with a motorcycle that I will have to pay out of pocket to have fixed.

Lexington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2006 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kawasaki/Irvine-California-92718-2016/Kawasaki-Extreme-Cycle-Sold-faulty-motorcycle-Ripoff-Irvine-California-204520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kawasaki