Complaint Review: Kay Jewelers #1773

• Updated: Sat, December 10, 2011

• Reported By: Florida99 — DELAND Florida United States of America
Kay Jewelers #1773
220 Towne Center Cir Sanford, Florida United States of America

Kay Jewelers #1773 Change of battery needed but they want to repair my watch. Sanford, Florida

On 10/16/11 my Movado watch was left to be sent to Movado for a battery replacement.  I was told that they will call me when it's done. They also told me that it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get it done.

On 12/09/11 I called to inquire about my watch as I have not heard from them and it's nearly 2 months since I left my watch with them. The person who answered the phone asked for my phone number to call back and he did. I believe his name is Carlos but I am not sure, I will verify today. He told me that they need to change the movement of my watch and the bill will be over $300. I asked him why nobody called me all this time to let me know of this? He provided no answer to my question. I told him that my watch was in working condition but the battery died and all I want is a new battery but he repeats that my watch needs a new movement and a battery. I asked him where did he send my watch to? he replied Movado in NJ. Not satisfied with the situation so I ask him to return my watch to me and he said it will be a week.

I went online to www.movadogroup.com and learned that if my watch needs repair, the Service Center will send a written Estimate.

"For watches sent to MGI in Moonachie, NJ:  If your repair is out of Warranty, you will receive a written estimate in the mail approximately 10 business daysafter we receive your watch in our facility."

I did not receive this written estimate but only verbally from the Kay Jewelers employee. I will pursue this further and will update this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewelers-1773/Sanford-Florida-32771/Kay-Jewelers-1773-Change-of-battery-needed-but-they-want-to-repair-my-watch-Sanford-Fl-807511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay Jewelers #1773