Complaint Review: Kay Jewelers

• Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: Elena — Needham Massachusetts United States of America
Kay Jewelers
1245 Worcester St. Natic, Massachusetts United States of America

Kay Jewelers at Natick Collection Mall in Natick, MA Charged with unwanted insurance, misled about the membership - all in one visit, first and the last! Natic Massachusetts

*General Comment: Credit account

This is my feedback to Kay Jewelers!

"Hello!

I am writing to express my outrage about the treatment I received at the Kay Jewelers store in Natick Mall on the 6th of February, 2013.

1. The sales associate misled me on the following: she offered me to become a member with Kay, which in fact turned out to be getting a line of credit from Kay with check on my credit history. I learnt about it after I received the Kay plastic card in my mail two weeks after the purchase.

2. The same sales person charged me insurance of $29.99 without asking me if I want the insurance. And again I learnt about it by an accident - after paying for my Kay purchases I threw a quick glance at the receipt, and noticed three items I was charged for instead of two, which I knew about. I had to ask the sales associate what it was, and then tell her that she never offered me or told me about any insurances associated with my Kay purchases.

This is the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. The only reason I did not return my purchases to Kay was that the occasion I needed the gifts for was to soon to change anything. I am going to pass the bad word about the Kay Services at Natick Mall to all my friends and acquaintances.

Just in case you care who was the actual sales person "serving" me on that day, here is SLSPRSN 358410 or contact me for any additional information you might need to identify her."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewelers/Natic-Massachusetts-01760/Kay-Jewelers-at-Natick-Collection-Mall-in-Natick-MA-Charged-with-unwanted-insurance-misl-1015772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay Jewelers

#1 General Comment

Credit account

AUTHOR: Babblez - ()

So you provided your social security number and signed the credit application and didn't realize it was for a credit card? Sounds like a mistake on your part. I can't say anything about the warranty, but I do know that when you're applying for a credit account with any retailer, you have to provide your social, 5+ years of rental history, and the expiration date for an existing debit or credit card. That didn't raise any red flags? You can't blame the employee when you signed something without reading it.