- Report: #988497
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Kay Jewelers
Kay Jewelers50 Fox Run Road Newington, New Hampshire United States of America
Kay Jewelers willfully sold me faulty jewelry and refuses to provide a refund Newington New Hampshire
I purchased a wedding ring, engagement ring and my wedding band from Kay's back in May. The ring had to be sized down to 4.5, and the store said they could do that with the ring they had in stock without issue. As it turns out, the ring couldn't be sized down that far without compromising the integrity of the setting, and one of the diamonds fell out of the engagement ring just a couple weeks after it went in for its routine six month inspection.
We brought it in for repair, and I was told I would have it back in two weeks; just in time for our engagement photo shoot. Two weeks later, I was told that it would take up to six weeks and that the store employee was incorrect with the timing. I was credited back for the previous sizing as a thank you for being patient, but upon further review of my account, I was charged twice for the sizing by accident, so getting the credit wasn't a "thank you" at all.
Weeks pass and there's still no word about the ring repair. We contact customer service, and we're told to go to our local Kay's to speak with the manager. The manager informs me that the ring will always be screwed up because they never should have sized it down that far to begin with, and get this, she then tells my fiance and I that the salesman didn't opt for ordering a smaller ring rushed the sale so they could get the commission more quickly! That actually happened! We were then told that the ring I purchased was not being made anymore, so I couldn't get a replacement.
The manager then gave us two options -- either get our defective ring repaired and inevitably have to bring it in every few months for repair, or get a new ring of equal or lesser value. Since my fiance really loved the shape of her engagement ring, we decided that we'd opt for getting the same ring at a lower carat weight. When I asked about getting reimbursed the $1,199.00 price difference between the ring I originally bought and the ring I was going to have to settle for, they told me they wouldn't do it. THEY WANT ME TO PAY THE SAME PRICE FOR A CHEAPER RING! We left the store not knowing what to do, and I decided to call customer care and have them sort it out.
- I called today, and was told that they could do nothing for me.
- I told them that I wanted to return all of the rings, get a full refund and bring by business to another jewelers. They said I couldn't do that either.
- I asked them if I could get a ring of greater value and have them absorb the difference. They wouldn't do that.
- I told them I wanted to speak with a manager. They wouldn't let me.
- I finally told them that I was going to be filing grievances with the BBB, state's Attorney General's office and that I was going to be filing with small claims court to recoup my losses. They didn't care.
I have had some awful customer service experiences in my life (I think we all have), but this officially takes first place.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewelers/Newington-New-Hampshire-03801/Kay-Jewelers-willfully-sold-me-faulty-jewelry-and-refuses-to-provide-a-refund-Newington-988497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.