Complaint Review: Kay Jewlers

• Submitted: Wed, February 26, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, March 02, 2003

• Reported By:San Diego California
Kay Jewlers
Westfield Shopping Town (Mission/Fashion Valley Shopping Center) , San Diego, CA San Diego, California U.S.A.

Kay Jewlers ripoff fraud and/or incompetence rip-off scam liars San Diego California

*Author of original report: taking care of a ring, yes, but never getting it in the first place???

*Consumer Comment: Kay Jewelers been good to me

I (thought)I was purchasing a ring for my sweetheard, on Valentine's Day. After waiting a week for it to be sized, I went to pick it up. Within minutes of leaving the store, we noticed a diamond beget missing. We took it back and...it has been pure hell, lies, and major screwups.

It has now been twelve days later and we still do not have a ring, after I was told it was ready THREE times, and went to pick it up. Now I am told that they will "help me out" by ordering the missing diamond for me. The manager is on vacation in Ohio and no one knows anything at all. T

he jeweler who was supposed to polish it, who lost the diamond in the first place, and who was supposed to "repair it" (what I, essentially, never took possession of), got the order completely mixed up, and the help (salespeople)are almost all new (without a clue) and continuously made false pronmises and mistake after mistake.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM KAY JEWELERS, unless you want nothing but fraud, deception, and/or incompetence, and lots and lots of trouble!

Frank
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2003 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewlers/San-Diego-California-92108/Kay-Jewlers-ripoff-fraud-andor-incompetence-rip-off-scam-liars-San-Diego-California-47047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay Jewlers

taking care of a ring, yes, but never getting it in the first place???

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

The case the rebuttal addresses has nothing to do with your particular comments of "taking care of your own ring"....under "insurance" parameters! This case involves, essentially, never getting the ring, in the first place.

The Asst. Manager never even apologized to either party! This incident is just about as outrageous as they come.

Kay Jewelers been good to me

AUTHOR: Carrie - (U.S.A.)

I've purchased two rings from Kay's.They've always provided great service and execellent quality products. My girlfriend is in the service and has worn her ring in the desert.

It is still as beautiful as the day I bought it. Why?Because I followed the instructions of the insurance and had the rings inspected every 6 months.

Each time they without hestitation apon discovering scratches,yes scratches, sent them off to be cleaned and restored to their original condition.

If you mistreat your jewelery and don't follow insurance procedures, you get what you deserve.