Complaint Review: Kay Jewwlers

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
Kay Jewwlers
Nashville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Kay Jewelers/ Lost It Again!!! Kay Lost It Again Nashville Tennessee

I have bought from this company for 20 years... but this time!!! Oh my gosh!! What a screw up!!! My grandmother's heirloom that was passed down to my mother, then to me and I was going to pass it down to my daughter!!!

I brought my rings in, as I always do every 6 months to get them checked out. Some were ok, but others had numerous stones that needed to be replaced. Was I told that they were being SHIPPED out. Hell to the NO!!! I would of never agreed to do that with my one diamond. Never, ever ever. I have denied it in the past and would of this time. But, these ladies don't work in this store as creating a relationship as my other store did. They knew me and knew me well. This store was too busy judging people according to their zipcode and money worth.

So here I come to pick up a ring, as my message said. I made a comment that it was taking waaaaaaaaaaay too long, one month, to get my rings back. The "woman" started to make excuses that the jeweler was backed up and these things happen. And I stated that I don't care, that I am NOT comfortable with my 80 year old diamond being gone this long. She makes some calls and then the horrifying story unfolds.

All this crap she was talking about earalier was crap... my rings were LOST. They had been sent via UPS, unbeknownst to me and were lost!!! First my heirloom was not part of the group but while she was making a frantic call, I looked at the paperwork and saw that it was lost. She was talking out of the side of her mouth, again. And now, I am being told that someone will go look in UPS's lost package room no matter what UPS people say, whether it is here in Nashville or in Atlanta. More B.S.?????

Now I have $8,0000 worth of jewelry missing and I am suppose to spend it in the store??? Why would I want to continue a connection with them?? I do not want to continue any type of relationship with them. I want my heirloom back, I want them to accept responsibility, I want them to stop blaming UPS, I do not to go "shopping" in their store. They can reimburse me the cah and then go to .....

very sad in Nashville,

Sad in nashville
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2008 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewwlers/Nashville-Tennessee-37215/Kay-Jewelers-Lost-It-Again-Kay-Lost-It-Again-Nashville-Tennessee-361368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay Jewwlers