forests

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: hnguye — washington Dist of Columbia
Kay jewelers
kay jewelers , Select State/Province USA

Kay jewelers lower trade in value than promised, performed service without customer's consent Hyattsville, Maryland

I went to Kay Jeweler to look for a diamond ring to replace the old one that had been given to me by my ex. The ring cost around $500. i found a Neil Lane design ring for almost $2075, and a certified diamond for more than $1000. The final price was $3786 with the trade in. However, i found out that the sales associate only gave me $379.01 for my $500 diamond ring. I had it resized and received it within 2 weeks. The ring was beautiful. However, it was loose. So i had to send it back again. Another sale associate offer to put gold balls inside my ring to secure it in place However, she did not tell me how much it would cost. The reapair shop at Kay was supposed to give me a call about the price. They NEVER called me or asked me if I wanted the service. I finally got my ring after 3 long weeksm I was so disappinted in the ring. The gold balls made my ring look ugly. And they charge me $92 for that otherwise they would not give me my ring back. The store manager refused to give me any discount since I already paid for the service. Kay jeweler cheated me with my trade in, charge me ridicolous amount of money. I'm thinking about returning it becuse the whole shopping experience was unpleasant. I will not ever buy anything from Kay again. Even the manager seems rude. He told me i could return it if i didn't like the ring. oh yeah, i will return it even though i love this ring desgin. But there are many jewelry stores  out there that treat me better, or at least dont make me wait weeks just to get the ring I already PAID for.

Bye, Kay jewelers. never again

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-jewelers/Select-StateProvince/Kay-jewelers-lower-trade-in-value-than-promised-performed-service-without-customers-con-1074575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay jewelers