Complaint Review: KayJay's Appliance

• Reported By: AmyM — Orange California
KayJay's Appliance
Internet USA

KayJay's Appliance Actually Broke my oven and refuses to answer phone! Internet

*Consumer Comment: You have a bigger problem than you think.....

I called them based on a craistlist ad where they said they charged $39 for the service call.  After he told me that the part would cost $65 I told him to go ahead.  If you do the math that is $104.  However when he was done he charged me $150.  After listening to all of his mumbling about why it costs so much I ended up just paying and being happy to have it over with.

15 minutes later when the new ignitor in my oven apparently was a little strong and flipped the circuit breaker for my entire house.  Every single time I plug it in and turn it on my entire house goes dark.  So when I called back they suggested to "plug it into a different plug" to which I patroized him and did...and same result.  Now it has been 2 days and I have yet to hear back from him.  I've been calling pretty frequently and of course he is avoiding me.

I am having another reputable company come out to fix the problem.  I really just hope no one else gets scammed by this conartist.  When they say they have a 1 year warranty...I think that's a warranty to never call you if there is a problem!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KayJays-Appliance/internet/KayJays-Appliance-Actually-Broke-my-oven-and-refuses-to-answer-phone-Internetnbsp-1053580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KayJay's Appliance

You have a bigger problem than you think.....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"Every single time I plug it in and turn it on my entire house goes dark."

If this is truly what's happening and you're blowing the MAIN breaker, you need an electrician as this is a MAJOR problem.

If, on the other hand you are exaggerating "slightly", it may be just a bad new part.