Complaint Review: Kayak travel

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Tim — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Kayak travel
kayak.com kayak.com, Georgia United States of America

Kayak travel Kayak takes your money and gives no service kayak.com, Georgia

I went through the process of booking a hotel on Kayak.com for travel, put in all the information and credit card information; after processing it, they came back and said no availability (no problem). I went to another travel site and booked the same room for the same price. I checked my bank account on line and Kayak had charged my account which in turn overdrafted my bank account. Calling them was no help, they claim they didn't charge my account but told me I would have to wait 24 to 48 hours for me to get my money back in my account. So I am out two hundred plus dollars for one to two days and totally out my overdraft fees. I am on disability and a set income and have to watch every cent; their customer service just blew me off. I even check the terms and condiction before I tried to book, no mention of Kayak holding money for 24 to 48 hours if there is no avaiability. My advice stay far away from Kayak travel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kayak-travel/kayakcom-Georgia-/Kayak-travel-Kayak-takes-your-money-and-gives-no-service-kayakcom-Georgia-741359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kayak travel