Complaint Review: Kayak.com

• Submitted: Sun, April 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Ray — Minneapolis Minnesota
Kayak.com

Kayak.com Stay away -- they book through Travelocity and don't assign seats, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Quick question

I just did a search on Kayak for flights to Italy through Kayak and thought, mistakenly, that when they offered to allow you to book through Kayak.com that you were booking through the airline -- they used to transfer you to the airline to book.  Instead, I ended up booking through Travelocity, who informed me they could not assign me seats.

The email told me to to call the airline to book the seats.  Undisclosed in the booking info, to get seat assignments I had to pay $232 to British Airways, on top of the $3,000 for the tickets.  Nowhere did Travelocity or Kayak tell me there would be an additional charge to get seat assignments more than 24 hours before my flight.  TOTAL RIPOFF.

I am never using either Travelocity or Kayak again.  Service means nothing from them -- stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kayakcom/internet/Kayakcom-Stay-away-they-book-through-Travelocity-and-dont-assign-seats-Internet-1041532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kayak.com

Quick question

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I have been using the site and I notice that the site let you choose sites to compare the price. Once you choose it and start the search, there will be pop up windows of those chosen sites. I usually close all of those pop up and select only on the main page of kayak. The kayak link should take you to the airline website.

So my question is how did you do the booking on the website? Just my curiosity...