Complaint Review: KazumaParts

• Reported By: Margaret Weaver — Shelby Ohio
KazumaParts
2355 Sweets Drive Carbodale, Illinois USA

KazumaParts Poor, unacceptable customer service Carbodale Illinois

After researching the internet for parts to order for my husband's UTV, I had to settle on KazumaPartsOnline (also KazumaUSA-KazumaATVparts).  These websites are by the same company, sell the same items with same product numbers etc.  But I ordered off of the KazumaPartsOnline website.

I placed an order for an engine hood, dashboard, radiator and cooling fan assembly for a Mammoth 800 UTV.  The order total was $489.00, I researched the shipping costs etc before placing this order.  One page stated that 'oversized items' would result in higher shipping costs.  But these costs would be stated in the items description.  I looked on all the descriptions of each item, NO mention of extra shipping charges.

I placed the order on Sunday 5/6/13.  $224.89 was electronically debited from my checking account on 5/8/13.  I received a call on 5/9/13 to inform me that there would be an additional $100.00 'over-sized' shipping fee deducted from my account.  I informed the person that called me that I would have to ask my husband if he wanted to pay the extra amount.  I also wanted time to check on the website to make sure that I didn't overlook this information.  I questioned the caller, he was very polite but stated that I probably did not read the website thoroughly.  Also this was only a partial order, the 'guaranteed' instock statement is wrong--they did not have the rasdiator or cooling fan in-stock, they had to be ordered.

I went home and talked to my husband and went back online to recheck the website but found no information supporting the caller's claims.  On Friday 5/10/13, I received another call from the company asking if I still wanted the parts shipped with the $100 shipping fee approved.  I again questioned where it stated anything about an extra shipping fee, the man stated he could do nothing about the extra shipping fees.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.  While waiting for the person to come on the line, we became disconnected.  Cody 'the manager' called me back.  He informed me that these parts were 'the only parts available' in the U.S.  He also stated he would be losing over $100 on this sale.  I tried to ask him why the website was not clear on the shipping costs, he cut me off and restated 'these are the only two parts left in the U.S.' and he was not going to argue with me about the costs.  I asked to speak to his supervisor and I was emphatically told that HE WAS THE MANAGER.  He told me that he wasn't going to argue with me, I either wanted the parts or not.  I told him that I was ordering almost $500 worth of merchandise and I was not being treated with good customer service.  At this point, he told me 'I am refunding you your money right now'  And he hung up on me!

Luckily I did get the $224.89 recredited to my account of 5/13/13, thank heavens.  I looked on the website and my order was cancelled.  But interestingly enough, the engine hood which was listed for $119.95, is now listed for $319.95 today.  I feel like there in internet fraud, the website makes false statements, there is no guarantee of parts being in stock.  And absolutely POOR customer service.  I would not recommend anyone using this company.

But the problem is......The Mammoth 800/Kazuma is a Chinese made UTV and this company seems to have a monopoly on parts.  My husband has decided to sell the UTV 'as is' and cut his losses.  I wish there was something I could do to express my anger at this 'Cody--the manager' person.  He was the rudest person I have ever encountered on an internet transaction.

I am in healthcare which is very 'customer service' centered and I would lose my job if I ever treated someone like I was treated by this person.  Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KazumaParts/Carbodale-Illinois/KazumaParts-Poor-unacceptable-customer-service-Carbodale-Illinois-1051270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KazumaParts