volunteers

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: consumerdoc — Chandler Arizona
Keen Footwear
505 NW 19th Avenue Portland OR 97209 Portland, Oregon USA

Keen Footwear Keen Shoes Warranty and Customer Service is a Joke! Portland Oregon

I purchased a pair of children's Keen shoes for my son approximately 30 days ago from Amazon. Less then 2 weeks after the purchase the plastic lace caps detached. The sandals can no longer be worn. For $55 I expected more.  The company clains the shoes are covered a year after purchase

Upon contacting Keen they sent out pair of adult-sized replacement laces in wrong color (black)....a total joke because they don't put this garbage on their own sandals. They claimed this was the only matching color they had. Upon expressing my dissatisfaction on the phone the customer service representative (Lori) stated, "this is the best we could do for you, this doesn't affect functionality so we can't replace the shoe". In addition this "supervisor" made things even worse by being very sarcastic and condescending throughout the entire call.  I asked her why she was being a smart-ass and she proceeded to defend herself as if we were two highschoolers having a disagreement about the latest Justin Bieber album. I am a physician and if I treated mt patients this way I would not have a license!

I have been a loyal Keen customer since 2006 and was essentially treated like a joke?  We have purchased Keen shoes for our entire family of 5 (as well as ourselves) every year since they were born.  Our first son was born in 2005.  So in the last 6 years we have purchased over 17 pairs of Keen shoes.  I actually counted today and so far I have gotten up to 24 (originally I posted 17), there are still more that I have overlooked.  Let's see: 24 x $60-100 = (at least the cost of laces to replace the defective ones that broke in 2 weeks or a new pair pair of sandals). This is what I call "skipping over dollars to chase pennies" because I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PAIR OF THESE SHOES AGAIN!!! It looks like there are several others that agree with me Lori.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keen-Footwear/Portland-Oregon-97225/Keen-Footwear-Keen-Shoes-Warranty-and-Customer-Service-is-a-Joke-Portland-Oregon-1067260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keen Footwear