Complaint Review: Keiser University-Lakeland Campus

• Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: victoria — lakeland Florida
Keiser University-Lakeland Campus
2400 Interstate Dr. lakeland, Florida USA

Keiser University-Lakeland Campus DON"T GO TO KEISER UNIVERSITY THEY RIP YOU OFF AND LIE! lakeland Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Keiser giving misleading/ inaccurate information

I went to Keiser University and they lied to me about the cost. They made me believe that I would get finacial aid and grants that would cover everything. Needless to say I know owe almost $40,000.000 and still have no job. And they won't let you withdraw from classes without costing you an arm and leg if they even allow you to withdraw in the first place.

I graduated in 2008 and can't find a job in my field. They sent me a letter saying they would retrain me, pay for all costs of classes, books and ect. But everytime I talk to someone that seems to become less and less. When I requested books and scrubs I was told nothing would be given to me unless it was approved by an instructor. The instructors informed me I'm not a student and they don't know what they can offer me.

As for student services they haven't helped me find a job at all. I decided that if I enrolled to get my Bachelors degree elsewhere that maybe it would help me get a job. Well I was informed by Keiser University that I somehow now owe them $319.00 and they will not release my transcripts, but even worse they may not even release them to the companies I have applied for jobs with.

They claim they help with finding you employment but have made it clear that they can and will hold my transcripts till they get their money. Now I ask you how is that helping me find employment? How do you expect me to pay you if I have no job and I can't get a job because you are holding my transcripts hostage.

I warn you stay away from Keiser University. They will lie to you, overcharge you and then tell you they won't do a darn thing for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keiser-University-Lakeland-Campus/lakeland-Florida-33805/Keiser-University-Lakeland-Campus-DONT-GO-TO-KEISER-UNIVERSITY-THEY-RIP-YOU-OFF-AND-LIE-1078593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keiser University-Lakeland Campus

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Keiser giving misleading/ inaccurate information

AUTHOR: Sha - ()

Keiser University reaches settlement with attorney general over admissions

October 31, 2012|By Scott Travis, Sun Sentinel

Keiser University will offer thousands of its former students free retraining and guarantee its admissions counselors don't misrepresent what the school offers, under an agreement reached Wednesday with Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi.

The resolution ends a nearly two-year investigation into the admissions process of the Fort Lauderdale-based university. Some students accused Keiser and two affiliated institutions of giving misleading or inaccurate information in areas such as costs, accreditation, transferability of credits and federal student loan terms.

Keiser admitted no past wrongdoing, but agreed to abide by a number of consumer protection provisions. The agreement also applies to Everglades University and Southeastern University, formerly known as Keiser Career College.

We are pleased to have this inquiry resolved so we can continue our focus on educating and preparing students for their future careers," Keiser spokeswoman Kelli Lane said.

She said the resolution "makes no finding that the university engaged in any wrongdoing or committed any violations of state regulations or laws, and Keiser University was confident of such a result throughout the process."

Keiser was one of eight for-profit companies the Attorney General's Office has investigated in the past two years. Bondi's office reached a similar agreement in June with MedVance, a college focusing on healthcare training. Investigations are still active for six other schools, including Kaplan University, the University of Phoenix and Everest University.

Keiser University was a for-profit university when the investigation started in 2010, but became non-profit last year by merging with the non-profit Everglades University. Southeastern College, which focuses on short-term vocational training, remains for-profit. The three schools serve about 18,600 students on 23 campuses around the state and online.

Under the agreement, the Keiser schools cannot advertise as "fully accredited" or misrepresent their accreditation.

A program "should not be described as 'high demand' or having limited availability unless such limitations actually exist," the agreement states.

Federal student loans "shall not be described as being without cost." The school also must "clearly and conspicuously disclose" that credits may not be transferable to another institution.

The free job retraining offer applies to students who withdrew since January 2008 because they were dissatisfied with Keiser. Lane said she didn't know how many students are eligible.

"In light of the troubled economy, we welcome eligible former students meeting the requirements from the 2008-2012 timeframe," Lane said.